The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu tweet thread

Rate this topic

So i'm wondering why Lu gets a free pass while Kesler doesn't. If memory serves, they both requested a trade that handcuffed our gm.

How exactly did Lu's trade handcuff MG? It actually was a great trade even had we got barely anything since his contact was terrrribad

So i'm wondering why Lu gets a free pass while Kesler doesn't. If memory serves, they both requested a trade that handcuffed our gm.

Because it was more MG's fault. Signing him to that contract and dragged the trade for 2 years (took him like 5 months to get Booth deal done) and also lost Schneider. Luo also never slammed the door on the way out and the team wanted to replace him Schneider

While Kesler wasn't happy that we had a losing team last year and bullied his way to get traded to Anahiem or Chicago while having his agent harass Benning almost daily

Because it was more MG's fault. Signing him to that contract and dragged the trade for 2 years (took him like 5 months to get Booth deal done) and also lost Schneider. Luo also never slammed the door on the way out and the team wanted to replace him Schneider

While Kesler wasn't happy that we had a losing team last year and bullied his way to get traded to Anahiem or Chicago while having his agent harass Benning almost daily

At the end of the day, both players dissed the Canucks, the city and it's fans. Lu continues to do so via twitter. Kesler's been relatively silent. But Kesler's the asshole. Okay then.

At the end of the day, both players dissed the Canucks, the city and it's fans. Lu continues to do so via twitter. Kesler's been relatively silent. But Kesler's the asshole. Okay then.

Lu dissed the nucks ?

monkey.jpg

I follow Luongo on Twitter and not once did he disrespect Vancouver, playful jabs on former teammates yes but disrespectful heck no.

I can not believe some fans are actually comparing the Luongo situation with Kesler. Luongo handled everything thrown to him with class. Luongo gave the Canucks a longer list than Kesler, Gillis couldn't make it work because of his inability to make a deal. At the end of the Luongo ended up in Florida because his agent did Gillis's job. Luongo deserves a lot more respect than Kesler. And if some fans are so dense that they don't get that...then it's no wonder good free agents don't really want to come here.

Miller had no other choice. (Besides Flames who else added a goaltender?)

Vrbata was second tier.

• Upvote 3