The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu tweet thread

Rate this topic

The people talking about how Luo is full of himself should look in the mirror. You're the ones pretending you know what he meant by his tweets and that he was being a jerk to his former team. But, you forget, he's the one who actually knows them. They're actually his friends, not just people he watches on TV sometimes. They certainly know Luo and his sense of humor and I can't imagine, given how much he obviously meant to the guys here and how much they obviously still mean to him, that he said anything that they would have been offended by. Likely, he was sending out a little humor, a little levity to help them get through the kind of rough night he's all too familiar with.

What some are taking as proof that Luo's a "jilted ex" or a "douche bag" or whatever other baseless insults some here have come up with is far more likely an example that he's still a good friend and teammate even though he now belongs to another team. The fact that fans here would turn that around and use it against him just proves why he's better off away from this market.

• Upvote 3

And the fans who paid his salary, however indirectly, also get to say whatever the hell they want about him .. you canna have it both ways

you didn't pay for his salary, his employer did.

This is like going into McDonald and say "whatever the hell you want to say about them employees there" because you bought a freaking Mc Muffin with french fries.

The money you paid for is for your own entertainment when watching the game.

• Upvote 3

The people talking about how Luo is full of himself should look in the mirror. You're the ones pretending you know what he meant by his tweets and that he was being a jerk to his former team. But, you forget, he's the one who actually knows them. They're actually his friends, not just people he watches on TV sometimes. They certainly know Luo and his sense of humor and I can't imagine, given how much he obviously meant to the guys here and how much they obviously still mean to him, that he said anything that they would have been offended by. Likely, he was sending out a little humor, a little levity to help them get through the kind of rough night he's all too familiar with.

What some are taking as proof that Luo's a "jilted ex" or a "douche bag" or whatever other baseless insults some here have come up with is far more likely an example that he's still a good friend and teammate even though he now belongs to another team. The fact that fans here would turn that around and use it against him just proves why he's better off away from this market.

Very well said. It's why I'm not terribly upset he's gone. For personal reasons, he was my favourite player, and I hate that when I watch Canucks games he won't be in net. That being said, he's probably still exhaling. Look at the reaction to a nothing tweet... it sounds like people here think he's declared war on Vancouver or something. I'll miss him, but I'm sure he's going to end strong. He's relaxed and people won't start a thread for every goal that goes in. I'm an honorary Panther fan as of March 4th... after the Canucks of course.

• Upvote 2

See that's just your take on it but others see it differently.

The team ribbed and kidded one another, it's part of their makeup. And this is a continuation of that, not mocking in a hurtful way....if he started after his departure, I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But it's more of an "I'm here, still in your corner" to me. I'm pretty sure that Eddie took a bit of comfort and it helped to ease the tension a bit having someone "kid" with him. Keep things normal. Lighten the mood a bit for there's enough gloom and doom to go around.

Life is short, you take it in stride and it's nice to have people who can remind us of that...even during horrible losses.

whatever way people want to interpret lu's tweets, There is the undeniable fact that they are still distractions.

one of the biggest reasons he was dealt was because management had enough of the distraction LU brought to the team.

when the schneids/lu debacle became a major distraction. Gillis pretty much back stabbed cory and blindsided him with a trade nobody was expecting.

yet cory took It like a champ, and moved on with his life/career.

whats it going to take for lu to take that same high road?

you may not mind them, But a significant percentage of canuck fans and certainly management does. lu needs to move on, He's a panther now.

So your spin is the exact opposite of mine.

Pride and dignity come into play with all human beings. People seem to feel that because he made a lot of money he was to be bullet proof. Devoid of human feelings and emotion. Just go out there, like a robot, and be perfect. Even if you team's not scoring and the defense in front of you is buckling...you're the one. It's ALL pinned on you because we can single you out.

The people that enjoy his tweets are no lesser than you...just different. People deal with disappointment, heartache, shock and other things in different ways as a result...it's what makes it a wonderful world. Some withdraw and retreat. Some mask it with humour and sarcasm.

How is his tweeting any different than us putting our spiels out here, in written form? So he's expected not to use the same avenues afforded to every single one of us?

He learned, early on, that he'd have to detract from the team...when he had the C AND was goaltender, he had to answer for the team. So, as it would be, he was honest and forthright, sometimes wearing his heart on his sleeve. What you see is what you get. And some accused him of being difficult, moody, etc. He then turned to using sarcasm and humour to portray his feelings, at least on the surface. To lighten the mood.

And I, for one, find it refreshing and (yes, as primitive as I am) entertaining. We're different, that's all.

I don't see this as mocking Lack, more a show of support/strength in numbers, even though he doesn't have to do that anymore. "I'm still here, brother". That sort of thing.

(and I suspect we will move this to an appropriate spot...in due time)

I hate to see that... Sigh :(

I am a Lu fan, and honestly, he has every right to lob a few bricks at the Canucks right now.. some of you need to lighten up a bit.. but then again, some of you dislike Luongo so much that you will take any opportunity you can to run him down.

Oh well. Keep it up Lu.. let the haters weep and whine :)

• Upvote 1

If I was a Panthers fan I would be a little disappointed by how focused he still seems to be on his former team.

This is suppose to be the fresh start he has been looking for so I'm not sure why he is still so focused on the Canucks. That being said, yes it was funny.

If I was a Panthers fan I would be a little disappointed by how focused he still seems to be on his former team.

This is suppose to be the fresh start he has been looking for so I'm not sure why he is still so focused on the Canucks. That being said, yes it was funny.

Panthers have fans..? Lol

• Upvote 1

you didn't pay for his salary, his employer did.

This is like going into McDonald and say "whatever the hell you want to say about them employees there" because you bought a freaking Mc Muffin with french fries.

The money you paid for is for your own entertainment when watching the game.

I see, and his 'employer' just reached into his rectum and found the millions to pay his salary? .. or did it come from fans and corporate sponsors and folks who buy the merchandize? .. If I go into McDonalds (heaven forbid) and one of their emplyees sticks his 'peter' in my Pepsi, I am not going to just stand there .. apparently you would?

The beautiful thing about a so called "Free Society" is we get to voice our opinions, and everyone has that right, whether he is a professional athlete or a dishwasher.

(P.S. Eating french fries with Egg McMuffins may play a large part in you being shaped like a papaya .. just a thought)

whatever way people want to interpret lu's tweets, There is the undeniable fact that they are still distractions.

one of the biggest reasons he was dealt was because management had enough of the distraction LU brought to the team.

when the schneids/lu debacle became a major distraction. Gillis pretty much back stabbed cory and blindsided him with a trade nobody was expecting.

yet cory took It like a champ, and moved on with his life/career.

whats it going to take for lu to take that same high road?

you may not mind them, But a significant percentage of canuck fans and certainly management does. lu needs to move on, He's a panther now.

You are way off. Luo has been nothing but professional, taking it on the chin again and again. And his teammates said as much repeatedly. More than that, he remained a good teammate and friend to both Schneider and Lack through everything. In fact, he tweeted nice words about Lack, personally and professionally, after he was traded. He also tweeted kind words of thanks to the fans here, despite all of the crap we put him through. You may not recognize the high road, but he's been on it the whole time.

The truth is Luo's personal Twitter account is only a "distraction" for people who want to be distracted by it. It's not like you're forced to read his personal account. And besides, distracting whom from what? The team sucked last night regardless of Luo's tweets. If anything, he did us a favor by offering a distraction. If this team can be distracted from winning because of a few Twitter comments (they wouldn't have seen until after the game anyway...), it's time to hang up their skates and find another career!

And Cory might not be on Twitter, but he's not above making comments himself. In November, he complained to the media about how he was "frustrated" to not be getting more starts, saying "It’s Groundhog Day for me. I can’t seem to escape it. I’m just trying to work hard and do what I can. I’d just like to see the ice a bit more is all.” (source) Why is it he's allowed to say that situation sucks, but Luo isn't?

And when asked about the Luongo trade, Schneider said it was "a year too late." (source) In doing so, he not only implied the Canucks didn't do right by him, he implied he would rather be with the Canucks than with the Devils. I don't get the people who get upset at a few playful jokes with his friends from Luo but don't have a problem with Schneider's comments which could be seen as dissing both his former and current teams.

Not that I think people should have too much problem with his comments either to be honest. They're all human. They have human emotions and we have no right to tell them how to feel. Being "professional" isn't a catchword that means hiding your humanity or individuality. I'm sure they're both dealing with their situations as best they can. That's really all we can ask.

• Upvote 1

man it's funny to see how when lu was still a canuck his tweets were funny and entertaining and the second he gets traded it's disrespectful, uncalled for etc.

You may be dillusional if you think anyone on CDC drove Lui out of town .. oh, and by the way, we ALL get to say "whatever we want" .. some folks are able to say it without resorting to schoolyard launguage and tactics .. :)

• Upvote 1

I see, and his 'employer' just reached into his rectum and found the millions to pay his salary? .. or did it come from fans and corporate sponsors and folks who buy the merchandize? .. If I go into McDonalds (heaven forbid) and one of their emplyees sticks his 'peter' in my Pepsi, I am not going to just stand there .. apparently you would?

The beautiful thing about a so called "Free Society" is we get to voice our opinions, and everyone has that right, whether he is a professional athlete or a dishwasher.

(P.S. Eating french fries with Egg McMuffins may play a large part in you being shaped like a papaya .. just a thought)

Comic gold. You almost made me choke to death on my sandwich.

• Upvote 1