The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lu tweet thread

Rate this topic

Another bad game for Luongo and nobody in Florida even cares. Luongo must be in heaven right now.

He finally doesn't have any pressure from a fanbase or a better young goalie.

No wonder he doesn't tweet anymore, he has no more stress.

Also nobody would care if he tweets anymore.

• Upvote 1

Another bad game for Luongo and nobody in Florida even cares. Luongo must be in heaven right now.

He finally doesn't have any pressure from a fanbase or a better young goalie.

No wonder he doesn't tweet anymore, he has no more stress.

Also nobody would care if he tweets anymore.

ya but every time he has a decent game tsn and abc will let us know about it.
  • Upvote 2

This thread was started last year. Maybe you can volunteer, take a few days off work, and move all the threads in this forum that include players no longer with the canucks. Would be a fulltime job for months.

It's a fair enough point (and it has been moved to General Hockey) since it's an active thread with people posting in it that it'd be in the correct forum. Obviously the mods wouldn't bother moving an old Raphael Diaz thread if no one's posting in it.

My thought was to convert it to a Lack Tweet thread actually. He tweets often enough, and with interesting enough stuff that people seem to want to create a new thread to tell CDC about it.

Edited by elvis15

ya but every time he has a decent game tsn and abc will let us know about it.

That's the way highlights work. Its also why Vancouver fans are so insane about goalies. They only see highlight reels of other goalies and assume their goalie should play like that every night.

You don't lose 4-0 and blame your goalie. That is unless its the cup final game 7 and you are a yahoo from Vancouver that knows nothing about hockey but is a spoiled brat that thinks the world owes you something and when you don't get what you want you poop your pants and look for the easiest target to translate all your immature insecurity into hate.

Just sayin...

I'm going to assume that your talking about that fact that FLA didn't score a goal. I'm also going to assume that you've never played the sport before and there for shouldn't be making comments about knowing nothing about hockey.

Hockey is about momentum, when a goalie lets in 3 goals on 13 shots like Luongo did, not only is your team down buy three but you also have zero momentum to build off. If you've played the sport before you'd realize that it's much easier to score when your line mates our building energy each shift. It's much harder to score when the other teams have all the energy due to your goalie letting in weak goals.

This is a luongo tweet thread therefor if you want to further dive into this topic lets bring talk about in another luongo thread, as this is not tweet information

• Upvote 3

I'm going to assume that your talking about that fact that FLA didn't score a goal. I'm also going to assume that you've never played the sport before and there for shouldn't be making comments about knowing nothing about hockey.

Hockey is about momentum, when a goalie lets in 3 goals on 13 shots like Luongo did, not only is your team down buy three but you also have zero momentum to build off. If you've played the sport before you'd realize that it's much easier to score when your line mates our building energy each shift. It's much harder to score when the other teams have all the energy due to your goalie letting in weak goals.

This is a luongo tweet thread therefor if you want to further dive into this topic lets bring talk about in another luongo thread, as this is not tweet information

Lmao.

I'm laughing at the fact you think it was Luongo's fault.. did you even watch the game?

The first two goals, the Kings player was able to walk through the slot and take an easy shot..

The third goal Luongo was caught out of position because Stoll was open in front of the net and FLA's defense failed to cover either King or Brown.

The fourth goal is the only one you can blame Luo on.. and by then, there was under 10 mins to go in the game.

When Tom Gilbert is one of your best defenseman, you aren't going to be successful.

Then again, people on CDC.. just looking at stats.. :frantic:

Edited by Drouin
  • Upvote 2

Lmao.

I'm laughing at the fact you think it was Luongo's fault.. did you even watch the game?

The first two goals, the Kings player was able to walk through the slot and take an easy shot..

The third goal Luongo was caught out of position because Stoll was open in front of the net and FLA's defense failed to cover either King or Brown.

The fourth goal is the only one you can blame Luo on.. and by then, there was under 10 mins to go in the game.

When Tom Gilbert is one of your best defenseman, you aren't going to be successful.

Then again, people on CDC.. just looking at stats.. :frantic:

Right?!

Even the NHL's game recap literally says, "Luongo received little support from his defense".

• Upvote 4

The Apologists' Formula:

Team loses 4-0: Defense was horrible, don't blame Luongo

Team wins 4-0: Luongo won the game all by himself.

The Haters' Formula:

Team loses 4-0: Luongo took a greasy crap on the ice.

Team wins 4-0: Losing team didnt get any good scoring chances, or they would have scored.

Reality:

Luongo isn't a Canuck anymore, so it really doesn't matter what the hell that guy does, he's pretty much irrelevant now.

Reading these threads reminds me of men who drone on and on about their exgirlfriends who dumped them years ago and just can't move on.

• 2 weeks later...