The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrice Bergeron played Game 6 with punctured lung

Not whining just find it funny how everyone hated the Hawks until this week. Just look at the posts made when we played the Hawks everyone was whining about the refs handing the Hawks the series. Yet now they're angels and beat us fair and square.

There has to be a line drawn between "playing tough" and risking your life. Playing on a broken leg is fine, that's just pain and will heal up. Playing with a hole in your lung is down right stupid and dangerous.

Bergeron was 1 hit away from death essentially. If he wants to be out there on the ice then that's fine, but imagine being the guy who throws a perfectly legal hit on Bergeron and kills him. He wouldn't be able to live with himself.

Stupid move, stupid idea to dress him and these players need a wakeup call. Meanwhile, look at what Joel Quinneville did to Toews. He got hit hard in the head by Boychuk, so Quinneville sits him on the bench the entire 3rd period. Didn't risk a life-threatening injury to a concussed player. Then Toews goes out in Game 6 and wins the Blackhawks the Cup.

There's a difference between playing smart, and playing tough but stupid. Boston was the latter, Chicago was the former and that's why they're Cup champs. Boston got what they deserved.

Sorry but I dislike losing in ANY round I don't care if it's the finals or the first round. It sucked the Bruins beat us but at least it wasn't someone else I could enjoy the fact a team I liked won the Cup after the sting of the loss left. I still hate Chicago more than any other franchise in the league. Just find it sad how many Canuck fans got on the Hawks bandwagon.

I've liked the Canucks and Bruins my whole life, not jumping on any bandwagon. When the Canucks traded Neely he was my favourite player so I liked the Bruins because of that. Bobby Orr is my all time favourite player as well so another Boston connection there.

No you were definitely whining and bitching about people who wanted Boston to lose to the point you started trolling everyone that disagreed.

Not to mention you got so butthurt, you brought up the Bertuzzi incident to drive some pathetic irrelevant point home.

That "suck it" crack really filled your vag with sand, though.

I totally get that and it's cool. Just don't jump all over others who still loathe anything Boston related because of the beating we took in 2011. It is still burned into the memories of some of us who aren't Canucks\Bruins fans. Yes we still hate Chicago but in a Chicago vs Boston final, I will hope for Boston to lose every time. Please try not to take that personal.

Archived