The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Penguins and Flyers hammering out deal for Letang

It feels almost laughable to think about, The Battle of Pennsylvania has become one of the best rivalries in all of sports, but tonight when both teams are being asked about the possibility existing the silence is deafening.

Such a deal would likely look something like Brayden Schenn, Nick Cousins and the Flyers 2nd round pick...yet there is no doubt the Pens wold want to have it be Couturier, Nick Cousins and a first rounder..

The problem there is as long as the Penguins have Malkin, the Flyers want to have Sean Couturier to neutralize the Russian star.

I am not saying this is happening...but what is truly bizarre is I can't say it is impossible...when I would have said that, and did say that, a few hours ago.

also in on Letang...Buffalo and Montreal..Carolina, San Jose and Detroit.

Get some sleep now kids, because it may be the last sleep we see until Sometime next week...

When it comes to Philly, Eklund is actually someone worth listening to. That being said, I think it more likely he ends up in Carolina than Philly. I hope he doesn't though, was wishing we would send Edler there for the 5th overall +.

exemplary of Eklund's sheer idiocy.

The Flyers add 7 million in cap they don't have in exchange for an ELC center to add to the Crosby, Malkin, Sutter mix. Tyler Kennedy scored 20 goals the last time he played a full season, and Joe Vitale is a 55-60% faceoff guy.

I'm guessing the Pens are shopping for a center - and the Flyers for a gigantic cap hit.

Thanks for posting.

Archived