The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Schneider to Devils

Well said. I loved when Hansen did a flybuy and chirped after getting stoned on his breakaway. Schneids was grinning ear to ear. Wish i could hear what he said. Brought back memories of the after hours Hansen impersonation and the TSN video with Luongo. Good times.

If Hansen is ever on AfterHours again, that would make a hell of a question to mail in.

Schneider's just one of those guys who will always be a team-mate (and a Canuck) regardless.

If Hansen is ever on AfterHours again, that would make a hell of a question to mail in.

Schneider's just one of those guys who will always be a team-mate (and a Canuck) regardless.

Yeah, part of me wishes he got a better deal than going to NJ.

Well said. I loved when Hansen did a flybuy and chirped after getting stoned on his breakaway. Schneids was grinning ear to ear. Wish i could hear what he said. Brought back memories of the after hours Hansen impersonation and the TSN video with Luongo. Good times.

I think one of the things I'll really miss is Corey's bang-on impression of Hansen's smurf-like voice...

...cracked me up every time. :lol:

Do you think Hanson invited him over to the Canuck dressing room after the game for a brewski? I guess not. After all this isn't a beer league. Listening to the TSN panel the other night I was having second thoughts about that. Schneids a very classy guy.

I find these comments about honoring them pretty silly. Are they the two best goalies to play on the face of the earth that played on the same team? No, they are an elite goalie that fell of the past two seasons and a good goalie with 100 games on his best that is severely overrated by canucks fans. Even is they were both the best, what major thing did they do for the team? Won 3 straight cups while the team averages 1.5 goals a game?

God forbid people having compassion for certain players they used to watch every other night... You should go live in alberta, do coke with the blue collar oil workers and reminisce about the 80s... you'll fit right in.

Do you think Hanson invited him over to the Canuck dressing room after the game for a brewski? I guess not. After all this isn't a beer league. Listening to the TSN panel the other night I was having second thoughts about that. Schneids a very classy guy.

I'm sure if he could he would have.

Cory and Jannik go back a long ways.

I just wish MG would of gotten Horvat and Henrique would of been a much better trade and this team would be looking much better than it is now.

I just wish MG would of gotten Malkin and Crosby would of been a much better trade and this team would be looking much better than it is now.

I just wish MG would of gotten Horvat and Henrique would of been a much better trade and this team would be looking much better than it is now.

Schneider was not that good. He played a LOT of sheltered minutes behind a stacked team for years.

We scored a #9 draft pick in a very deep draft. Possibly a franchise do it all centerman. No goalie has ever been traded for a draft pick that high.

How good did you think Schneider was? Would you have traded Horvat and Henrique for Schneider ? :huh:

Luongo cost us a 25 goal scoring floating and ostracized Bertuzzi . I doubt Schneider could have possibly fetched Bertuzzi at the time.

schneids himself was a first round draft pick (24th overall)

So after 9 years of development, him beating out lu for the #1, and finally developing into an all star calibre goalie...

Gillis trades him for a 9th pick....

leaves you with an empty bitter feeling.....

Schneids will be tearing it up for jersey long after MG has been deservedly fired.

schneids himself was a first round draft pick (24th overall)

So after 9 years of development, him beating out lu for the #1, and finally developing into an all star calibre goalie...

Gillis trades him for a 9th pick....

leaves you with an empty bitter feeling.....

Schneids will be tearing it up for jersey long after MG has been deservedly fired.

Don't you worry, New Jersey won't be tearing anything up for the foreseeable future.

Lots of media say that CBJ and TB were hot after schneider in 2012 spring and summer - wonder what the packages were- CBJ has some good young players- Johansen, Murray, Jenner

To be fair, that was before the new CBA implemented the "Luongo Rule". That changed the entire dynamic of trading him for any kind of decent return.

Archived