The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

At draft day when Gillis annouced Cassels was drafted by us, I was confused. I didn't know Cole existed, checked him on youtube. First impression was eh looks pretty decent kind of like Schroeder. The prospect tourney I thought he absoluetly lit it up, he is just so dam smart with the puck. Head up quick passes, very solid defensively and just a smart player. Am I ever impressed by management, completely off the board. I thought only Jay Feaster could do that.

Totally agree, he had a great Young Stars tourney and even the few games he played in the main camp he looked good before being sent back,,this kid is a real keeper, anything like his Dad and we are winners on this one.

Game's not even half over either. I know he's playing on a very good team, but he deserves a ton of credit for taking strides in his offensive game this year.

He plays with great players, but if anyone's seen him play, he works his butt off to get his goals. It's not like he's riding the coattails of great players and getting easy goals.

He has alot of skill in his game.

Cassels just reinforcing my earlier statements about his play this year. 4 goals through 2 periods is not just luck.

The guy can play.

There are people that are gonna say that it's just because he's playing with Laughton and Dal Colle.

I don't buy that argument. That's like saying Drouin only got points because of Mackinnon. Or that Jones only got points because he played with Rattie, Petan, and Leipsic. Top picks usually come from good teams with other good players.

The fact that he's scoring means he's an impact player. It's not like he's racking up a bunch of secondary assists.

I would love for us to trade up for Dal Colle this year in the draft. Would be awesome to bring some of that junior chemistry through the system!

Just dreams, but I've heard they come true from time to time.

I hear that, man. I hear that.

The question becomes how high does he get drafted? That team is on quite the tear right now.

Cassels is not playing with Laughton or Dal Colle at ES. He is playing with them on the PP because Oshawa loads up their top unit and they spend a large amount of time on the ice for the PP.

Cassels is playing as 2C with a rotation of wingers. Mainly Hughes and LaTour. But today it was Hughes and Wallace.

Cassels is not playing with Laughton or Dal Colle at ES. He is playing with them on the PP because Oshawa loads up their top unit and they spend a large amount of time on the ice for the PP.

Cassels is playing as 2C with a rotation of wingers. Mainly Hughes and LaTour. But today it was Hughes and Wallace.

He's going to the areas goal scorers go. Ottawa's D was pretty terrible, but he finds himself space kinda like matt moulson does at times.

Archived