The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cole Cassels | C

JE14

Oshawa Generals head coach:

"He's arguably the best two-way centre in our league", says Smith. "He'll hit you, he'll fight you, he'll score, he'll block shots, he's a nasty competitor. I've always thought he was a very good player, but he's been through and through our best player every night."

Wow. And that's a team that has 5th overall pick Michael Dal Colle on it.

High praise from the coach.

Cassels sounds like a young Bolland. If he can turn into that type of player, I'd be very happy.

Shinkaruk / McCann / Virtanen

Jensen / Cassels / Kassian or Horvat for Cassels and Cassels for Jensen.

Gaunce / Horvat / Grennier or Friesen

2 to 3 years from now maybe.

What do you think the chances are that our top 9 is entirely drafted? Not only that but no Sedins?

Bolland 2.0?

Wow. And that's a team that has 5th overall pick Michael Dal Colle on it.

High praise from the coach.

Cassels sounds like a young Bolland. If he can turn into that type of player, I'd be very happy.

I've got a little higher expectations for Cassels than that.

Not that I'm expecting him to become a bonafide number 1 center with an amazing plethora of offensive abilities, but I'm hoping he'd at least be a good two-way centerman who can average around 50 points per season. Bolland on the other hand only came close to 50 once in his career. (47 pts. in 08-09)

I've got a little higher expectations for Cassels than that.

Not that I'm expecting him to become a bonafide number 1 center with an amazing plethora of offensive abilities, but I'm hoping he'd at least be a good two-way centerman who can average around 50 points per season. Bolland on the other hand only came close to 50 once in his career. (47 pts. in 08-09)

A more consistent Adam Henrique maybe?

VERY early but 2013 draft has the potential to be the best in a decade for the Canucks.

Horvat, Shinkaruk, Cassels, and even Subban with his pedigree are good bets to find their niche in the NHL and become solid NHL regulars at the very least which equates to an excellent draft.

Turning out 3 NHL regulars from a draft year is considered a successful draft so 4 would be just extra icing on top. :)

I knew Casssels was another good 2 way center the Canucks seem to keep stockpiling now but didn't think he could be the best out of the group of 2 way guys offensively.

Considering the group of centers in Horvat, Guance, and McCann who were all first rounders that is very impressive what he is doing right now.

Oshawa Generals head coach:

"He's arguably the best two-way centre in our league", says Smith. "He'll hit you, he'll fight you, he'll score, he'll block shots, he's a nasty competitor. I've always thought he was a very good player, but he's been through and through our best player every night."

Now that's the kind of a player you want on your team. Does everything.

What do you think the chances are that our top 9 is entirely drafted? Not only that but no Sedins?

I see your point, but you do realize that the Sedins were also Vancouver draft picks?? If you pluged them in for anybody it would still be an entirely drafted top 9.

More importantly, Kassian wasnt a Vancouver draft pick.

Archived