The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miles Liberati | D

IIlIlIIllIlIIIlIl

Nope. Zadorov is still in Buffalo. Having Visa issues i think. I'd say there's a good chance he could be on the first pairing, but that all depends on what happens with Olli.

Visa issues are taken care of. He just wasn't able to get back in town in time. I'd expect him to miss tonight's game as well and suit up in the third preseason game.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/zadorov61/status/372760831953362944

If anyone is interested, the Knights had their first preseason game of the year tonight and Miles was given top pairing minutes along with both power play and penalty killing responsibilities. He looked really poised and extremely confident with the puck, often electing to carry it all the way into the offensive zone (though that isn't historically a Hunter way of doing things...). It's vital for him to have a good preseason because even with the graduation of Harrington, he is still a bubble defenseman on a stacked Knights back end. Here's to hoping he sticks.

Awesome, I didn't even know he was with the Knights and (I guess) I saw him play a few games in the playoffs. It was hard to notice with the Bo Horvat show going on. I tuned into the OHL playoffs to watch the Kitchener Rangers with Corrado and McEmineminy and what I got was Bo Horvat (and Domi)

Thanks for the update

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato

#Canucks prospect Miles Liberati has been traded by the @GoLondonKnights to the North Bay Battalion.

CTV Northern Ontario@CTVNorthernNews

The North Bay Battalion has acquired Miles Liberati from the London Knights for the OHL rights to D-Man Zach Bell.

He was getting an increased role so far this year, although not as much as maybe we thought he might. Is London going to go after someone better to make a push to win the Memorial Cup this year? It'd cost them a lot to get Subban and Gaunce together, but it'd sure make it easier for us to watch our prospects.

Looks like London's getting back Zach Bell, an overage D-man who'd been playing in the ECHL this year after holding out and requesting a trade to a contender. I guess he could come back to the OHL, although London already had 3 overage players and are only allowed to dress 3 per game. Someone will sit every night but this makes them one of the oldest teams in the OHL.

Miles Liberati traded by London Knights for overager Zach Bell

Liberati will be on a not so good team now, but may get more opportunity to play and expand his game. Here's hoping he actually can and improves beyond what he's shown so far.

This is what I'm hoping. He was getting ice time in London though, and the Knights have developed some really good young defencemen.

Maybe some extra responsibility will push him.

He was getting an increased role so far this year, although not as much as maybe we thought he might. Is London going to go after someone better to make a push to win the Memorial Cup this year? It'd cost them a lot to get Subban and Gaunce together, but it'd sure make it easier for us to watch our prospects.

Looks like London's getting back Zach Bell, an overage D-man who'd been playing in the ECHL this year after holding out and requesting a trade to a contender. I guess he could come back to the OHL, although London already had 3 overage players and are only allowed to dress 3 per game. Someone will sit every night but this makes them one of the oldest teams in the OHL.

Miles Liberati traded by London Knights for overager Zach Bell

Well, they did get Nikita Zadorov back from the Sabres today which is like acquiring a top-tier player for free. No idea if they knew about Zadorov's return before getting Bell but they've suddenly got a real solid defense corps. We can still cross our fingers that Gaunce and/or Subban wind up there somehow, though.

O i see the picture now. I guess they want to clear out some extra players now that Buffalo FINALLY send back Zadorov.

Is it bad to assume that Zach Bell guy is taken back just to take a player back and most likely be a scratch on most nights?

I guess going to a bad team and playing big minutes than being a scratch on a good team.

Liberati debuted withe the Battalion last night in Barrie. He ate up a lot of minutes, looked solid in the defensive end and moved the puck well. Even got some time on the PP in the overtime (Battalion won in a shootout, 1-1 at end of regulation). Ended up -1 for the night. Looking forward to seeing him settle in and gel with his new teammates.

• 2 weeks later...

O i see the picture now. I guess they want to clear out some extra players now that Buffalo FINALLY send back Zadorov.

Is it bad to assume that Zach Bell guy is taken back just to take a player back and most likely be a scratch on most nights?

I guess going to a bad team and playing big minutes than being a scratch on a good team.

Strange that Zach Bell was playing in the ECHL but now appears to be back to junior with London.

Archived