The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Ballard put on waivers

If someone claims hi, don't we retain some of his cap hit? Or is that not the case because it's the off-season?

Also, if he clears, he goes to Utica, yes? And therefore can still attend our camp, and possibly make the team if we have cap space?

Or am I stupid or something?

You know, leading up to the draft, all I heard was Edm and Car are desperately looking to add a dman. Well, here's a guy who is paid slightly less than Coburn, who certainly is not as strong defensively, but with more offensive upside if given the minutes. I can't imagine why he's been so difficult to move.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean:

Ballard wasn't just an AV whipping boy and even current mgmt doesn't think he's any good.

MG traded Grabner (a 30 goal guy) and a 1st for Ballard only to give him away for nothing.

Yesterday he traded away what Luo himself described as a goalie who is going to win multiple Vezinas for a first round pick?

He traded away what was long hyped as a blue-chip prospect in Hodgson for Kassian?

Why do we even draft first round picks if we're just going to give them away or turn them into similar 1st round picks 7 years from now?

You know, leading up to the draft, all I heard was Edm and Car are desperately looking to add a dman. Well, here's a guy who is paid slightly less than Coburn, who certainly is not as strong defensively, but with more offensive upside if given the minutes. I can't imagine why he's been so difficult to move.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean:

Ballard wasn't just an AV whipping boy and even current mgmt doesn't think he's any good.

MG traded Grabner (a 30 goal guy) and a 1st for Ballard only to give him away for nothing.

Yesterday he traded away what Luo himself described as a goalie who is going to win multiple Vezinas for a first round pick?

He traded away what was long hyped as a blue-chip prospect in Hodgson for Kassian?

Why do we even draft first round picks if we're just going to give them away or turn them into similar 1st round picks 7 years from now?

I knew the Aquilini's were broke, almost everone of their investments, from the realty around rogers arena to blueberry farms has tanked this past year. I'll make a more lengthy post about this later, but it eexplains the Schneider movement and Ballard being waived, NOBODY is being bought out.

The type of up tempo game the Islanders play would suit Ballard quite nicely - as would their void of veterans on the blueline, and the fact they have cap space.

However, if you look at the UFA defensemen available, there will be some bargains signed to very reasonable cap hits given the quantity of guys out there this summer.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents?year_id=2013&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

When you say Booth is a 30 goal scorer, are we talking about the same guy? Because last time I checked, he scored 17 goals over 2 years for us. He's not going to come close to scoring 30 any time soon.

This also the same guy who many people think should be bought out of his contract, right?

Are you related to him or something?

Stan Bowman is one cold SOB. He will trade anyone with higher than intrinsic perceived market value to make his team better a few years down the road.

He did it with big Buff and a few others last time, and again with Bolland and Frolik this time.

And then there is MG, he was good at first but for the last few years he has been chasing the money instead of playing money puck. Hopefully this Schneider trade signals a reverse in direction.

When you say Booth is a 30 goal scorer, are we talking about the same guy? Because last time I checked, he scored 17 goals over 2 years for us. He's not going to come close to scoring 30 any time soon.

This also the same guy who many people think should be bought out of his contract, right?

Archived