The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blues sign Maxim Lapierre

I fail to understand how Richardson is an upgrade over Lappy. Lappy shoots right and we have no other centers that shoot right and he is big, fast, hits, and is pretty good on draws. Someone needs to help MG get his head out his as$ because it seems to be up there quiet often.

Lappy > Richardson. And Lappy is making less money.

MG screws something up yet again.

I know it's only the 4th line, but it's hard not to be frustrated when we keep losing key pieces to our 2011 run.

I fail to understand how Richardson is an upgrade over Lappy. Lappy shoots right and we have no other centers that shoot right and he is big, fast, hits, and is pretty good on draws. Someone needs to help MG get his head out his as$ because it seems to be up there quiet often.

Best of luck to Maxim.

He was a good acquisition - played a solid role here.

He did get a little more discplined, as needed, after the loss of Malhotra, and altered his role slightly. However, I didn't like the effect that putting on the extra 20lbs had on his game - he seemed to lose a step, a bit of effectiveness imo, and ability to get to the hits he was accustomed to making. Part of that may have been more focus on durability as it was vital to keep him healthy with Kesler and Malhotra out. I don't see him as a true shutdown center however, and I still think the Canucks need another center who is stronger in the faceoff circle. Finally, let's face it...Lappy was a guy whose reputation preceded him and a b.s. as that may be, the reality seemed to have been that officials put the whistle in their mouth as soon as he was in sight, and were on a hair-trigger.

All in all, I'm surprised that so many people here don't realize what kind of a quality depth player Richardson is. I think they'll grow to love him in a hurry - it sure seemed from all our matchups against LA that he's a guy who skates exceptionally well, plays with a lot of energy, takes a lot of space away, and in general is a nuissance to play against..

Making it to the final is quite an accomplishment. If we kept it all together, we would have had much more success over the last 2 years.

It would be fine if we were replacing those 2011 players with quality players, but so far, the only impact player MG has brought in is Garrison.

Archived