The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Please Don't let Horvat be the next Brule**

carlweezer

Relax man :D the season is a few months a way and I am sure his effort in camp will show us if he is ready for the big show. No need to get all worked up about something that is not even in the coaches minds yet. Brule was a complete bust for whatever reason he never showed ANY of his amazing hands in the NHL. To bad he looked so promising.

I get your concerns but the league is very different these days and younger players seem to be making an impact right away for their teams. Not saying throw him to the wolves like Pitt did with MA Fleury but look how good Fleury is now. Many players crave the challenge of adversity and thrive on it. We have no idea how good this guy is so lets give him a chance before we speculate on anything.

Brule no drive??? im certain you never saw him once play for the Giants. Thats all he was, during his draft year he was raved on about his work ethic and heart and drive which allowed a smaller player like himself to be a top 5 pick.

why don't we watch how he performs in the training camp and let the staffs of the team decide on whether he's ready or not?

The canucks isn't a team who would blindly throw a prospect into our line up if he's not ready. If he made it into our team, that means he's ready at certain level

I'm so sick of people talking players getting rushed into the NHL and usiing Brule as the only example. Can someone please give me an example of another player whose carrer was ruined by being rushed into the NHL. I can think of a ton of players that did pretty damn well after playing in the NHl right away but Brule seems to be the only example people use of a player that was "rushed". It's getting old. Could it be that Brule just didn't have what it takes?

Guest Pinchin

I'm so sick of people talking players getting rushed into the NHL and usiing Brule as the only example. Can someone please give me an example of another player whose carrer was ruined by being rushed into the NHL. I can think of a ton of players that did pretty damn well after playing in the NHl right away but Brule seems to be the only example people use of a player that was "rushed". It's getting old. Could it be that Brule just didn't have what it takes?

Guest Pinchin

Guest Pinchin

Gretzky

Hawerchuck

Crosby

Lemieux

Yzerman

Carson

Skinner

Bourque

Murphy

Orr

Barasso

...we can spout off names on either side of this argument all day long. How about we just let Horvat be Horvat and find his own development curve? Whether that's playing here next season or not.

Agreed, I wasn't actually trying to make a point, the two I mentioned were just off the top of my head and the question was asked. I am not worried about Bo, we don't "need" him at this point so I suspect he will be abck in Junior in the upcoming season.

why don't we watch how he performs in the training camp and let the staffs of the team decide on whether he's ready or not?

The canucks isn't a team who would blindly throw a prospect into our line up if he's not ready. If he made it into our team, that means he's ready at certain level

Archived