The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If MG was fired who would replace him

Cucumber

Off topic, you are 100% right. People bitch but Tod Burtuzzi would never been a Canuck if Keenan didn't trade Linden. I think Gillis gets it, I really do.

He didn't screw Vancouver up when he got here buy trading key peices away. He got this team to the CUP, only Pat Quin and Harry Neal managed that before him.

Gillis has arguably iced the best team Vancouver has ever had when they went to the CUP. Yet so quickly people forget . Mr Aqullini is a very successful businessman. He understands business in a long term perspective. People forget that Gillis came into being a GM from being a player agent.

A steep learning curve for any one. Brian Burke, like him or not, is an experienced GM. He was well groomed before he took over as GM of the Vancouver Canucks. Burke was assistant to Pat Quin and the right hand man for the League when he took over in Vancouver.He will be the first to tell you it's not an over night process.

Gillis has been at it just 5 years. He's made some blunders what GM hasn't? Even the most successful of GM's will tell you they'd do tings differently if they'd had more experience.

I would have been really worried if Mr Aquillini had fired Gillis. It would have shown me that Aquillini wasn't patient with his investment, that he'd second guessed his commitment .

I bet my marbles on Mr Aquillini not Gillis. We all have to remember it Mr Aquillini's team. His success is tough to argue with.

If one looks at ownerships in the NHL we fans in Vancouver have it pretty good.

Gillis adjusted when he first got to the NHL and he's having to adjust now, again. How many GM's have you seen not adjusting to an ever changing NHL landscape. Brian Burke comes to mind. He wasn't a shabby GM, just stubborn and unwilling to change.

We're lucky to have Gillis, he has an ego but he still is willing to adjust and refocus.

Actually Mike Gillis has been replaced by an Italian GM and his name is Aquillini. Its pretty clear that GMMG has lost this team and Aquillini has to clean up his mess. As for the OP's question as to who would you replace Mike Gillis with I would have to say just about anyone at this point. He has pretty much lost the faith of his boss, the dressing room and the majority of fans in this city and the only support he has are the haters of the Burke and Nonuts regime.

Actually Mike Gillis has been replaced by an Italian GM and his name is Aquillini. Its pretty clear that GMMG has lost this team and Aquillini has to clean up his mess. As for the OP's question as to who would you replace Mike Gillis with I would have to say just about anyone at this point. He has pretty much lost the faith of his boss, the dressing room and the majority of fans in this city and the only support he has are the haters of the Burke and Nonuts regime.

Archived