The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Olympics] OFFICIAL TEAM CANADA 2014 (everything related here please)

Kunitz Crosby Tavares

Duchene Getzlaf Perry

Nash Toews Sharp

Benn Bergeron Carter

Marleau Stamkos

Keith Weber

Bouwmeester Pietrangelo

Hamhuis Doughty

Vlasic Subban

Price Luongo

Smith

Would have liked a little more youth and speed amongst the forwards. (Hall, Seguin, Couture) Not a big fan of the Kunitz selection and I'm a little worried about Benn and Nash having the footspeed.

Go Canada!

Nash is the only pick I don't like. He's never gotten it done with the game on the line.

MSL should have been there; but why bring a fast skater to a large ice surface and a skill game, who has chemistry with Stamkos? Yeah, no need for that.

Everybody else probably has a decent case to be made for being there. I used to really like Rick Nash, but he is a lazy player.

Neal should have been on the team imo aswell.

DOnt think nash's play makes him deserving of a spot, im sorry but that should be a no brainer. Especially when Neal, Giroux, St.louis

But overall, still a solid lineup, could never announce the team and not have ppl unhappy about certain guys making/missing the team.

Just really shocked Nash made it, His play this year is far inferior to the above players that missed out

Kunitz-Crosby-Stamkos

Sharp-Toews-Tavares

Benn-Bergeron-Carter

Marleau-Getzlaf-Perry

*Nash, Duchene

Keith-Doughty

Hamhuis-Weber

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo

*Vlasic, Subban

Luongo

Price

Smith

Only Stamkos and Tavares are playing out of position on my roster, primarily due to their less than exceptional faceoff ability, but extraordinary skill.

Pretty hard to argue, this is a great team.

I think that Taylor Hall should have made it but his bad team seems to overshadow how good he his whereas Nash often appears slow and unmotivated in his play.

None the less, I'm very happy with some of the so-called bubble selections, especially Benn. He seems to be a true heart and sole player that gives all he has when it is needed.

Archived