The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Olympics] OFFICIAL TEAM CANADA 2014 (everything related here please)

we can second guess these guys , but I think they are pretty qualified to make these decisions .. personally , I like having rick nash ,,, people will doubt him until he physically dominates his competition , and makes big plays for canada ... Im guessing they won't doubt him for long ..

I'm more surprised that Mike Richards didn't make the cut. Played great with Bergeron in a shutdown role, in 2010 and he has a ton of chemistry with Carter.

I guess they didn't want those two to party it up in Sochi after games.

What a tough and awkward phone call that would have been for Yzerman to make to St. Louis.

I still think he should be on the team, along with Giroux, ahead of a few players, but we have a good team regardless.

Also pleasantly surprised that Hamhuis made the team.

Kunitz - Crosby - Stamkos

Getzlaf - Tavares - Perry

Sharp - Toews - Nash

Marleau - Bergeron - Carter

Benn, Duchene

Keith - Weber

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo

Vlasic - Doughty

Subban, Hamhuis

Luongo

Price

Smith

I don't think Subban is 7th or 8th. They picked him to play him otherwise what's the point? they take safe picks at those late spots aka Hamhuis style dmen.

St Louis is fast, creative , very well liked in the dressing room and works well under pressure.

Why the hell would you leave him off the team on a big ice surface where size means a lot less than speed???

Has Yzerman said why he left him off?

Well he's 38, and pretty tiny. We have so many players to choose from.

I thought Neal would make the team. Second highest PPG in the NHL besides Crosby.

Same as St. Louis, he has amazing chemistry with Stamkos and they would have had lots of space to work their magic on the big ice.

The team looks alright though. Certainly a lot better than the American team on paper.

Pretty hard to argue, this is a great team.

I think that Taylor Hall should have made it but his bad team seems to overshadow how good he his whereas Nash often appears slow and unmotivated in his play.

None the less, I'm very happy with some of the so-called bubble selections, especially Benn. He seems to be a true heart and sole player that gives all he has when it is needed.

No. Hall is a 1-way player and can't backcheck at all. He'd cost us the tournament if he got anything more than 4th line minutes. There's more than a handful of guys I'd add to this team before Hall.

BdZNDB9CcAARsfr.jpg

Shea Weber? I m sure hamhuis has chemistry with him. I also believe that in Olympic games, that aren't as physical as NHL games, IQ is way more important and making fewer mistakes as opposed to grit. Seabrook would have been a good addition, but I like Hamhuis there. That being said, I am a Canucks fan, so why would I not say that?

Shea Weber? I m sure hamhuis has chemistry with him. I also believe that in Olympic games, that aren't as physical as NHL games, IQ is way more important and making fewer mistakes as opposed to grit. Seabrook would have been a good addition, but I like Hamhuis there. That being said, I am a Canucks fan, so why would I not say that?

looks like someone is being too serious.....

Archived