The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Was

To Van:

Joel Ward

To Was:

David Booth

3rd

Canucks gain 1.2M in capspace, and a RW allowing for us to roll Kassian, Ward, Hansen, Weise (no particular order), while opening a LW spot for Burrows with Kesler. Contract length is the same as Booth's. Ward also is a proven playoff performer.

Washington has very little LW depth, Ovechkin is better at RW and Brouwer is a natural RW, thus leaving a spot open for Booth on the 2nd line.

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Burrows/Kesler/Ward

Much of a muchness really? I looked at it with Ward on the first and just did not think he would stack up. Ward is a more physical Chris Higgins type. IE more reliable, less upside to Booth. A solid 3rd liner more than a bonafide 2knd.

Booth has 2 years left on his contract, at which time all our young prospects should be coming in to their own. Ward by memory has a longer contract. I'd keep Booth.

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Burrows/Kesler/Ward

Much of a muchness really? I looked at it with Ward on the first and just did not think he would stack up. Ward is a more physical Chris Higgins type. IE more reliable, less upside to Booth. A solid 3rd liner more than a bonafide 2knd.

Booth has 2 years left on his contract, at which time all our young prospects should be coming in to their own. Ward by memory has a longer contract. I'd keep Booth.

To Van:

Joel Ward

To Was:

David Booth

3rd

Canucks gain 1.2M in capspace, and a RW allowing for us to roll Kassian, Ward, Hansen, Weise (no particular order), while opening a LW spot for Burrows with Kesler. Contract length is the same as Booth's. Ward also is a proven playoff performer.

Washington has very little LW depth, Ovechkin is better at RW and Brouwer is a natural RW, thus leaving a spot open for Booth on the 2nd line.

Archived