The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Guest Gumballthechewy

i don't even know where to start here

bought this at the new west station LIQ, hops, for a modest $14. I looked at the price tag, and decided this has to be a brew that i should take a pretty photo of on the patio because, "sour cherry wild ale" sold me on the description, because i LOVE anything cherry-- so i was walking out of the LIQ with high hopes (along with the mirror pond's maker of a white IPA which i may, or may not post up, or even try today today)

the brew poured a blood red stream of deliciousness, with the scent, that of wine and a faint hint of preserved cherries. the taste hits you right away with a kick to the face of sourness, bitterness and then cherry right up front-- it's a dirty, sassy liquor. there's no clearness at all; it's completely unfiltered

made from driftwood; it's side-by-side with fat tug that just has to be experienced

like my other brews i posted, i added pretty filters for a nice retro feel, but this one, i just adjusted the lighting, just so you get a clear view of the colour of this brew. it's amazing. it would be so much better with cheese (mostly oka-- good canadian cheese with a good canadian brew) and crackers, sitting on the porch on a warm day

untitled_by_sunhillow-d7l6z3x.png

Speaking of Driftwood I just picked up a case of these beauties:

2110y94.png

I have had 2 already, and with this weather there will be no stopping me.

Here we go #3, here we go...

This pilsner is very floral with the German hops in it, and definitively crushable on a hot day. Not too bitter, not at all malty. Smooth, refreshing, more please.

speaking of british taste, what other english beer is available here? anything good?

Yeah, depends on what's shipped over, but specifically English style there's Fuller's as mentioned, you can find St Austell around I think, Bass Ale is another, Tennants or Tetley's are around but I haven't had them, and there must be more. I liked Newcastle when I was younger but they don't have the best process and add to get the colouring and all that so I generally don't drink it now.

Innis & Gunn is awesome though, and even if a bit more expensive I have a couple of them in my top 5 all time.

this brew is just awesome. starts off with an intense bitterness, but then you're hit with the hoppy goodness then it finishes with the signature white beer fruitiness

untitled_by_sunhillow-d7m5xev.png

Belgian IPAs are a special kind of beer. Lots of hops combined with the usual white beer stuff. Interesting mishmash that works really well when done right, and is downright awful when done wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a shock top the other day. I somewhat enjoyed it.

They're alright, kinda like the Rickard's Shandy I picked up for the weekend in that they're tasty enough but I wouldn't normally drink them. I picked up a nice bottle to drink as well though, and it was pretty good.

10351319_10152180758577601_8201514014076

Got my buddy to hold it up between flipping meat on the grill for my wife's birthday party. A really nice Belgian farmhouse ale. It had a little bit of sweetness to it and was very tasty on a hot, summers day.

Archived