The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Guest Gumballthechewy

You have inspired me to broaden my horizons. Here is tonights haul..

CfqGIJt.jpg

The middle beer "Raw" was one of the worst beers I have ever tasted in my life. It's like drinking pure vodka and wouldn't recommend it to anybody. I only had 2-3 sips and had to dump it because it was that bad.

I made the mistake of ordering a pitcher of that with people that know crap all about beer, they found it nasty which meant I pretty much got to drink the whole pitcher...yummm!

No accounting for taste, eh?

Had more than a few beer yesterday at my cousin's wedding. He had to run around and find beer last minute after his liquor guy (he runs a restaurant) bailed at the last minute. He ended up getting a bunch of the Parallel 49 mixed packs (Ruby Red, Hoparazzi, etc.) so it was a pretty good replacement even if he had to scramble to grab them.

• 2 weeks later...

The middle beer "Raw" was one of the worst beers I have ever tasted in my life. It's like drinking pure vodka and wouldn't recommend it to anybody. I only had 2-3 sips and had to dump it because it was that bad.

Thanks for the warning! I'm glad you liked the others.

Heard about that the other day. 99 beer "case" for $99...I bet the quality/taste is... great.... :unsure:

I think that's a bad assumption. I would recommend trying Peacemaker. As far as canned beers go, it's not too bad.. they make an okay ale too.

In the US good canned beer like Guinness was like ~ $7 for 8 large cans (6 pack of bottled Extra Stout was like $9), Sierra Nevada Pale Ale was like ~$18 for a 24 case of bottles, or $10-$13 for 12 bottles.

Beer is simply cheaper there, even more-so when buying in bulk.

If anyone's ever in Northern California in the Bay Area, I'd recommend the Tied House:

http://tiedhouse.com/

I've tried all of their beers minus the ambers and gold. Most people I've taken to microbreweries like this changed their standards for beer, never saw them buy any of the Budweiser/Molson/Heineken/Fosters/Sapporo/Corona crap again (and I know, because if they had brought over crap beer to one of my parties I'd have told them to keep it).

Driftwood has a new ESB out - at least I think it's new, I'd never seen it before. There's not even any mention of it on their website. Tried it last night - kind of like fat tug with a darker aftertaste. (that's a good thing imo!) I assume they're going heavy on those delicious, delicious amarillo hops.

Found it on beer advocate:

Brewed to honor Hildegard Von Bingen, a 12th century Benedictine nun who allegedly was the first to record the use of hops as an ingredient in beer. While this is open to debate, we like Hildegard's style and we can't imagine a beer without hops. This extra special bitter has lots of hops- Hildegard would be proud. We are! Cheers Hildy!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/18858/56157/

The first of the two I mentioned earlier:

10522612_10152269099502601_3074439968440

It uses organic malted barley and organic hops to go with the regular water and yeast. It's not a super clean tasting pilsner like some but has nice flavour and doesn't overdo it with any long lingering after taste.

Driftwood has a new ESB out - at least I think it's new, I'd never seen it before. There's not even any mention of it on their website. Tried it last night - kind of like fat tug with a darker aftertaste. (that's a good thing imo!) I assume they're going heavy on those delicious, delicious amarillo hops.

Found it on beer advocate:

Brewed to honor Hildegard Von Bingen, a 12th century Benedictine nun who allegedly was the first to record the use of hops as an ingredient in beer. While this is open to debate, we like Hildegard's style and we can't imagine a beer without hops. This extra special bitter has lots of hops- Hildegard would be proud. We are! Cheers Hildy!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/18858/56157/

It's an annual special release. Good to know it's back now though; will have to track some down.

Archived