The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Cap That Fits Beautifully?!?

Nuxfanabroad

Was thinking about the cap..Up to 70 mill, & then hover there for a half-decade. Figure this would be the most beneficial scenario for our amazing squad. Lots of US teams have locked their stars up with prohibitively expensive deals. Future FA's might then fall into our laps, as the other contenders will have top-heavy, hollowed-out team salary-structures. Also, the extra space should further enable us to keep our emerging stars in the fold. Some will contradict me, claiming stratospheric-cap plays to our advantage. Due to our excellent contracts, I say 70 mill's the ticket.

^Apologies for lack of clarity in the initial post. I didn't try to say Van should choose to hover at 70 million/salaries...I was speculating on the future-scenario for league-revenues. Feeling if it stayed at about 70 mill max/per team, this would be most beneficial to us, due to our abundance of reasonable contracts.

^Apologies for lack of clarity in the initial post. I didn't try to say Van should choose to hover at 70 million/salaries...I was speculating on the future-scenario for league-revenues. Feeling if it stayed at about 70 mill max/per team, this would be most beneficial to us, due to our abundance of reasonable contracts.

Archived