The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Debunking the Roberto Luongo Myths

5Fivehole0

Much is true, but I don't agree with it implying Miller was the lesser of the two in the gold medal game. Both goals against were stoppable. Keslers was rather weak, even tho it was a tip, we see Lu make that save 9 time outta ten. Parises, sure their was 2 guys behind the D, but cmon, the shot itself was stoppable. Lu spent that entire game popping out rebounds, he looked shakey, really really shakey. The scoring chance only came because he couldn't catch a pop fly dump in ten seconds earlier.

2 GA, not bad, but lets not act like it was even close to Lu's best. If we stand by him being elite, gotta acknowledge the gaffs. Not saying rip him for it, there's enough of that.

The problem has always been that he's the better goalie going into a series, but rarely the best coming out. Heck, even game 7 vs Chicago, we won, but he was still shown up by Crawford.

Think he'll be fine this year though, #4-6 in overall stats among starters. We will live or die by the twins and Keslers medical bill.

For me,the whole franchise changed to uber positive when Luo came to Vancouver.

I think this season could be amazing given factors such as Booth and Kes's health and Luo playing to get to Sochi and beyond.

They will play for each other for one last kick at the hardware.

Much is true, but I don't agree with it implying Miller was the lesser of the two in the gold medal game. Both goals against were stoppable. Keslers was rather weak, even tho it was a tip, we see Lu make that save 9 time outta ten. Parises, sure their was 2 guys behind the D, but cmon, the shot itself was stoppable. Lu spent that entire game popping out rebounds, he looked shakey, really really shakey. The scoring chance only came because he couldn't catch a pop fly dump in ten seconds earlier.

2 GA, not bad, but lets not act like it was even close to Lu's best. If we stand by him being elite, gotta acknowledge the gaffs. Not saying rip him for it, there's enough of that.

The problem has always been that he's the better goalie going into a series, but rarely the best coming out. Heck, even game 7 vs Chicago, we won, but he was still shown up by Crawford.

Think he'll be fine this year though, #4-6 in overall stats among starters. We will live or die by the twins and Keslers medical bill.

Only the gold medal game, up until then, yea he was pretty beast. That save was also great, my heart stopped, but we dominated Chicago that game. That shift where we hemmed them in their zone for like 2 minutes, think we had 3 different lines out there without ever losing the blue. Crawford was amazing, Lu had better results, but a lesser work load. Can't really blame him for that, but still, Toes goal was at the fault of others, but damn these kinda goals seem to follow Lu.

Solid article

straight up legit

Louie is the man and will be the man

took us to two presidents trophy, 1 game of the stanley cup finals, won gold for canada

last time this guy was behind us took us to a consecutive presidents trophy

lost his job cuz the nucks sucked sh*t vs the kings

one of worst canucks hockey ive ever seen, and edler decided to play for the kings that round

while lou played outstanding and still got the boot (Deja Vu vs San Jose this year) Real Talk

Redemption.

WeAreAllCanucks.jpg

took us to two presidents trophy, 1 game of the stanley cup finals, won gold for canada

last time this guy was behind us took us to a consecutive presidents trophy

lost his job cuz the nucks sucked sh*t vs the kings

one of worst canucks hockey ive ever seen, and edler decided to play for the kings that round

while lou played outstanding and still got the boot (Deja Vu vs San Jose this year) Real Talk

Redemption.

WeAreAllCanucks.jpg

True story and yea haha, just brought back some crazy memories. I forgot about that, holding the zone for 3 shifts! It is true, and I do believe a lot of it is luck... I myself have pretty bad luck.. For instance today my D-Man blocked the pass but it went off his heel and over my shoulder :/. 2 minutes later same D-Man blocks a shot with his stick and tips it high, got my blocker on it and it went up. I lost sight of it and it was coming down behind me and one of the forwards swatted at it.... He got it... it hit the back of my head and bounced back into the net. We won that game 3-2. I truly believe that goal Parise scored was bad luck (and bad D), same with Toews goal to tie the game. But cooler heads prevailed, Lu stayed composed and took the W.

"the blackhawks are under seige!" - Hughson.

So u a goalie eh. As a fan, I put a lot of pressure on the goalie, true, but always blame myself as a forward/D in beer league. Hard to tell which side is right, prob somewhere in the middle.

Then again, im a much better fan than player..

Only the gold medal game, up until then, yea he was pretty beast. That save was also great, my heart stopped, but we dominated Chicago that game. That shift where we hemmed them in their zone for like 2 minutes, think we had 3 different lines out there without ever losing the blue. Crawford was amazing, Lu had better results, but a lesser work load. Can't really blame him for that, but still, Toes goal was at the fault of others, but damn these kinda goals seem to follow Lu.

I was a CS over Lu advocate. I thought then and still do that Lu was capable of a brilliant game or series but CS would be more conservative and play a better positional game. That combined with his contract and age that Van would be further ahead with CS. Also influenced in this process by what I anticipated Van could get back when they traded Lu. Funny how things turn out. I am confident that Lu can return to the nets and provide goaltending that can return Van to CUP play. The serious weaknesses in the Canuck roster are in the forward group not in net.

Archived