The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks close to re-signing the Sedins

hockeyville88

I want atleast 3 years because they look like they'll be at the top of their game for atleast 3 years and it is safe. After the 2 years, walk them at 1-2 year contracts. The $$ is the question, since they took paycuts atleast pay them 6.5-7 million per.

I dislike it when They try to grind Guys like Daniel and Henrik in negotiations. They take advantage of the fact that the Sedins are too nice(maybe). Mike Gillis also let Markus Naslund leave? They can take Their class act somewhere else, but I doubt They will. They should extent Them for say three Years at 6.5m or more?

OMFG SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID.

KESSEL HASNT WON AN ART ROSS, ISNT A CAPTAIN, AND HASNT BROUGHT HIS TEAM A GAME AWAY FROM WINNING THE CUP.

HENRIK AND DANIEL SEDIN DESERVE 7.5m+++++ THEY HAVE BOTH WON AN ART ROSS TROPHY NOW AND ARE PROVEN TOP LINERS, OUR CAPTAINS, HARDEST WORKERS AND BEST LEADERS. STOP BEING CHEAP.

ps caps lock because I'm supposed to be yelling at you because you're stupid if you think 7.5m is overpayment for the twins. Stupidity like this makes me annoyed.

If they want too much, then Ottawa could be a good destination. Low-profile market; good, emerging team.

A package like Lehner, Zinenajad, Gryba, & a larger, depth fwd-prospect, would be sweet for the future. We throw in a couple middling players/prospects to balance contracts.

Then send Edler for a Simmonds-type.

Then perhaps Bieksa for a similar, but younger fwd-prospect.

Finally Lu(take on 1 mill of his cap, annually), for more young depth.

Keep Kesler, Hamhuis, Hansen & Garr as vets. Build a solid young team around them?

OMFG You don't pay players for what they accomplished; you pay them for what value you think they will bring to the team in the future. If they get 7.5+, then we'll have a problem icing a competitive roster.

Kessel is a lot younger than the Sedins, and he'll get better in the future, while the Sedins will get worse; a process called aging.

At the pace the Sedins are going after just 4 games, Gillis better get this contract wrapped up before the Sedins have an unbelievable season which by all indications of thier play and Torts willingness to play they. The longer Gillis waits the harder it will be to justify a huge hometown discount. Even if the Sedins were willing, the NHLPA will have something to say.

I'm fine with the 7.5 avg for the next two years. The guy who made the post about the cap going up and the 6 mil when the cap was A and now it's higher so they should get this % increase was totally spot on.

Don't think they should be paid more than 6.5-7m after the first two years.

Archived