The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

And now it's global COOLING! Record return of Arctic ice cap as it grows by 60% in a year

babych

I have never believed the global warming scam, thanks for giving Al Gore tens and tens and tens of millions of dollars off it though.

Create a big problem... promote solutions to the problem you created.... own parts of all the companies receiving the solution(carbon credits)... roll around in money while not even turning off you lights on earth hour, probably because he was flying around in his private jet, oh well he buys credits... from a company he probably owns a portion of.

Genius.

Are those real photos?

Because while this ice is bigger, it's also a light-blue instead of bright white. Doesn't this indicate it's thinner?

Also remember seeing photos of the north pole with a 'lake' of icemelt around it earlier in the year. Is that normal?

Why do global warming deniers get so much airplay? (Duh?)

When people like Al Gore are using their political weight trying to make enormous political changes, especially those in the private sector that would shift capital toward themeslves, and dramatically effect the rest of the US economy, by piggybacking on the work actual scientists do, then he's going to be in the equation too, like it or not.

Are those real photos?

Because while this ice is bigger, it's also a light-blue instead of bright white. Doesn't this indicate it's thinner?

Also remember seeing photos of the north pole with a 'lake' of icemelt around it earlier in the year. Is that normal?

Why do global warming deniers get so much airplay? (Duh?)

" “The world added roughly 100 billion tonnes of carbon to the atmosphere between 2000 and 2010. That is about a quarter of all the CO2 put there by humanity since 1750.” Yet, still no warming during that time. That is because the CO2 greenhouse effect is weak and marginal compared to natural causes of global temperature changes."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013/05/26/to-the-horror-of-global-warming-alarmists-global-cooling-is-here/

I wouldn't be that harsh. The science on climate is still evolving. Indeed the political leanings of the left get in the way of climate advances, and stand in the way of climate science that may not agree with their pre-disposed belief system toward ridiculous environmentalism. There are businesses that stand in the way of climate advance as well. It's pretty screwed up that one has to be a perpetual sceptic due to politics and religious-like cults on the left muddling scientific advancement.

So. People still don't think that a global change in weather patterns and heating/cooling is going on in part based on what mankind has done to the planet?

Stupid people really are stupid.

Quit citing Al Gore and do your own research, maybe travel a little more than your tiny little area of the world and you'll see what's really going on.

Wait until you've seen nomadic herders in Turkey seeking new grazing grounds because their ancestral lands of tens of thousands of years have all of a sudden in the last 3 decades decided to turn into base desert or in some strange cases develop a treeline.

Or wait until you've seen the standard humidity in a region like Belize that is so diverse drop to near desert like conditions when you step out from total jungle into Oil sands like clear cutting.

Honestly, the day I listen to people who have traveled as far as Abbotsford or Whistler from Vancouver or that one trip to Hawaii or Disneyland or even exotic Mexico (in a resort) over what I have seen with my own eyes is the day I vote Conservative and think that maybe I should believe everything I read on the internet.

" “The world added roughly 100 billion tonnes of carbon to the atmosphere between 2000 and 2010. That is about a quarter of all the CO2 put there by humanity since 1750.” Yet, still no warming during that time. That is because the CO2 greenhouse effect is weak and marginal compared to natural causes of global temperature changes."

http://www.forbes.co...ooling-is-here/

Climate science has never been a forte of Forbes, and I suggest that you get your information elsewhere.

There are a multitude of things wrong with the quoted statement, but the fundamental misunderstanding here is that the relative strength of causes of temperature changes depends on the timescale you look at.

Here's an analogy. Say you are sitting at the edge of a large swimming pool, and you have a lot of kids jumping around in the pool.

The water level you see near the side will go up and down as the waves hit.

Now if you turn on a hose and slowly start filling the pool, the effect will still be small. You will still see plenty periods when the water level drops due to the kid's activity. It wouldn't be a few hours until you start noticing the increase in water level.

Climate works in a similar fashion. The surface temperature is mainly affected by the heat transport in and out of the ocean and greenhouse effect, and it is true that the CO2 effect is small over a timescale of a decade or less. However the main point is that the heat transfer in and out of the ocean will average out over longer periods, and it is only then will the effect of CO2 be noticeable.

Edit: Climate deals with long term trends. A decade of warming does not indicate global warming, and thus conversely a decade of no temperature increase disproves global warming.

BTW, all surface temperature records shows a warming trend between 2000 to 2010. What is lacking is a statistically significant warming.

Global warming: They know it's irreversable, so the blame shifts to 'natural causes of global temperature changes', then corporations and governments are murking the waters for future global-scale class action lawsuits.

But ultimately, we're all to blame, as we created this 'rape the planet for monetary gain' society that we currently live in.

Global warming: They know it's irreversable, so the blame shifts to 'natural causes of global temperature changes', then corporations and governments are murking the waters for future global-scale class action lawsuits.

But ultimately, we're all to blame, as we created this 'rape the planet for monetary gain' society that we currently live in.

Archived