The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Declassified

Alchemy Time

Captain Aerosex, the final Yakuza, has asked to forfeit the game.

TOWNSPEOPLE WIN!!!!!

1. Reigning Champ [MAFIA Lackey]

2. Lemons

3. Wilfred [Watcher]

4. Burrdaman [Twinblade]

5. VICanucksfan5551

6. Aladeen [MAFIA]

7. OurTimeToShine [Yakuza]

8. Go Faulk Yourself [serial Killer]

9. Kiwis

10. Captain Aerosex [Yakuza]

11. Master Radishes [Yakuza Lackey]

12. Snake Doctor [Doctor]

13. Not A Fruit [MAFIA]

14. Gally

15. GoGoats [Yakuza]

16. Intoewsables [First with med-kit]

17.Kryten [MAFIA]

18.MikeyBoy44 [Vigilante]

19. Beluga Whale [sheriff]

20. susraiders [Psycho Sheriff]

21. JE14

22. Caboose

23. SOB for MVP

24. Heisenberg

I made the TP so OP this game. Lessons were learned.

I don't think I'll be able to host again, doing updates on a consistent basis is too difficult.

Good game everybody...and I completely agree with Aladeen that this game was very unevenly tilted in the TP's favour. I

t's not like we played exceptionally well or anything, but it's kind of weird that we could accurately target enemy mafia the first 2 rounds, then the Watcher, and know who the Sheriff and Doctor were (while having possession of a med kit) and not go a little further in the game than 4 rounds. Either need more mafia per team or have a Kingpin or be in contact with the Lackey or all of the above for 2 mafia teams to be sustainable.

Same number of specials as there are total mafia in the game, and those mafia are working against eachother as well. It's not impossible to win, but it'd be bloody difficult.

No you didn't. This was one game, and a lot of luck went into the TP win. Who would have expected the Doctor to reveal himself to me so easily on incredibly flimsy evidence? Who would have expected only one single Lackey block to occur over the course of the entire game, despite having up to 17 players capable of being blocked in one Night? Who would have predicted JE, a TP, pretending to be the Doctor and then not even explaining himself once his lie was proven? How the heck did every single TP special survive nearly to the end of the game despite up to 5 kills a night? And what if Snake Doctor didn't make three saves in a row?

These all affected the game hugely. The Mafia had a lot of bad luck, the Lackeys had incredibly bad luck, and the TP caught a lot of breaks. The TP were not OP, everything just fell in their favour this game, and if we played this same format again I guarantee it wouldn't work out so well.

I mean, there's not even any method anymore of proving a TP 100%. The Sheriff not only has to worry about two Lackeys and a SK coming up TP, but he may not even be the real Sheriff. And with two Mafia teams, any Doc save or Lackey block does not automatically guarantee the "saved" victim is TP anymore either. There was no way for the TP or the Specials to trust each other outside of actually taking a leap of faith, and that almost backfired terribly this round - if I had been able to get in contact with my Yakuza team most of them would have been done for.

I mean, there's not even any method anymore of proving a TP 100%. The Sheriff not only has to worry about two Lackeys and a SK coming up TP, but he may not even be the real Sheriff. And with two Mafia teams, any Doc save or Lackey block does not automatically guarantee the "saved" victim is TP anymore either. There was no way for the TP or the Specials to trust each other outside of actually taking a leap of faith, and that almost backfired terribly this round - if I had been able to get in contact with my Yakuza team most of them would have been done for.

No you didn't. This was one game, and a lot of luck went into the TP win. Who would have expected the Doctor to reveal himself to me so easily on incredibly flimsy evidence? Who would have expected only one single Lackey block to occur over the course of the entire game, despite having up to 17 players capable of being blocked in one Night? Who would have predicted JE, a TP, pretending to be the Doctor and then not even explaining himself once his lie was proven? How the heck did every single TP special survive nearly to the end of the game despite up to 5 kills a night? And what if Snake Doctor didn't make three saves in a row?

These all affected the game hugely. The Mafia had a lot of bad luck, the Lackeys had incredibly bad luck, and the TP caught a lot of breaks. The TP were not OP, everything just fell in their favour this game, and if we played this same format again I guarantee it wouldn't work out so well.

One person is given the role of "Cult Leader" at the start of the game. Once a round, or every second round maybe, they target one player and that player is "converted" into a "Cultist." This becomes their new faction - even if they were Mafia, they now only win if the Cultists win. They have no killing powers, other than those they may have already had (i.e. if the Vig is converted he remains the Vig, just now working for the Cult), and can only win by surviving and converting enough players to become the majority faction left in the game.

Several additions/variations could include:

-Start with more than 1 Cultist and only allow a conversion every second round

-Allow a one-time ability to perform a "Terrorist Attack" by having one Cultist basically target two-to-three other players and blow all of them up (including himself) in a suicide bombing sort of attack

-If the SK is converted it fails, and the SK finds out who tried to convert him

Because I was still desperately searching for my Yakuza teammates. :sadno: Also he never told us who he was going to save, so I never even knew if he was going to save me or not.

I blocked Intoewsables first round, certain he was Mafia. He wasn't, but I messed up the Med Kit. (Although it still apparently found its way into the hands of the Yakuza.) Then I blocked Kiwis, and got nothing. Finally, I called out GFY, OTTS, and NAF in the thread (the SK and two Mafia), and stupidly chose to block GFY instead of OTTS. Burr was supposed to TB OTTS, but changed it back to GFY without telling me, otherwise I would have switched my block. Not that it mattered, as that night I died. :P

So I just sucked at finding Mafia, at least until the very end.

AT, if you don't want to host I can.

However, I'd like to do a very barebones game: Sheriff, Vig, Serial Killer, Mafia team (with no Kingpin or Lackey), and Med Kit. And I'd poll you guys on the idea of the Cultist, which I wouldn't mind throwing in considering it'll be a pretty basic lay-out regardless.

:) that's fair. To me I thought for sure the Yakuza would have targeted you the first round just like us. I figured the Doc would probably save you since you were setting up the TP alliance. Damn you CA, I know it's you who pushed for my death!!!!!

AT, if you don't want to host I can.

However, I'd like to do a very barebones game: Sheriff, Vig, Serial Killer, Mafia team (with no Kingpin or Lackey), and Med Kit. And I'd poll you guys on the idea of the Cultist, which I wouldn't mind throwing in considering it'll be a pretty basic lay-out regardless.

Archived