The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Comets 2-5 Oilers

JE14

you just saw the Edmonton oilers vs the farm team of the canucks .. [ or pretty close ] I think the canucks showed us that the oilers will not be making the playoffs this year .. hansen actually pushed for a shift , and scored easily .. their D is jiust average ... Were gonna be ok folks .. dont trip ..

are you kidding Calgary has had no ups the last 6 years nothing but kidding themselves with older players hoping to make the playoffs but always coming in around 9-11th instead of doing a full rebuild which it looks like they are finally starting to rebuild or they will be forced to with no goaltending this year

are you kidding Calgary has had no ups the last 6 years nothing but kidding themselves with older players hoping to make the playoffs but always coming in around 9-11th instead of doing a full rebuild which it looks like they are finally starting to rebuild or they will be forced to with no goaltending this year

I think the best rookie was Gaunce. Gaunce is getting better everyday, he is always in position. 1 more year if we want to be safe but if not I think he is ready to be that defense first 3rd line center. Jensen isn't looking too good in the pre season, he is 20 years old I don't know if he is reaching the point where he might be a bust but 1 more year and if he doesn't make the Canucks I wouldn't mind seeing him.

Santortelli looked really good on the PK tonight, I would like to see him on the 4th line LW spot.

Lack didn't look as sharp as he did last time, I want to see Eriksson play in the next 3 games then it is more easier to see who looks more better for the backup role. Cannata should also be noted he hasn't really been given a good chance in the pre season I want him to play the 3rd periods of the next 4-5 games. I'm going with Eriksson.

Although about the actual game as a group, Kassian didn't look great neither did Edler. They made some mistakes, hopefully this is just a bad game. I believe these 2 are top 6/top 4 players in their position. Sauve looked really good, his skating is improved from the last 2 years, he was physical aswell I want to see him a bit more to see if he is for real. Weise and Sestito look like the typical, simple, energy players. I really didn't notice Horvat but when I did he was playing solid defense, forechecking hard, had no points or plus minus 1 penalty and 1 takeaway. Shinkaruk was on a minus -2 with Kassian, he caused the chance in the 3rd for Kassian to score but Kass missed.

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff 6m

#Canucks Kassian 0 shots. 0 hits. Careless double-minor. Not a productive night vs. timid Oiler line-up

All we have to do is purposefully TANK for 7 years in a row and we can stock pile this insane amount of talent too.

In my opinion the Oilers are in the same league as the super tanking Penguins and I never respected it.

As much as I hate the Bruins and Red Wings, I admire their approach to their fans. They shell out a lot to see their team play and they owe it to them to ice a playoff team every year. :towel:

It was a great game.

Vancouver did an admirable job given the fact that they iced a pretty newbie team.

The veterans didn't really step up... some of them took too many penalties.

Some of the players that were good:

Santorelli

Shinkaruk

Gaunce

Weber

Lack

Decent players:

Alberts

Kassian

Horvat

Hansen

Invisible:

Sestito

Weise

Sestito needs to be sent down to the AHL. It's funny that Gillis signed him for 2 years on a 1-way contract @ 750K. Overpaid and that's saying something.

Jensen doesn't look NHL ready. Invisible again - didn't even notice that he got injured which happened later on.

Weise is also a bad addition to the team. Bad penalties.

Horvat is going back to the Juniors for sure.

Gaunce/Shinkaruk are bubble players when it comes to rookies - they are both great in their own way.

It was a great game.

Vancouver did an admirable job given the fact that they iced a pretty newbie team.

The veterans didn't really step up... some of them took too many penalties.

Some of the players that were good:

Santorelli

Shinkaruk

Gaunce

Weber

Lack

Decent players:

Alberts

Kassian

Horvat

Hansen

Invisible:

Sestito

Weise

Sestito needs to be sent down to the AHL.

All we have to do is purposefully TANK for 7 years in a row and we can stock pile this insane amount of talent too.

In my opinion the Oilers are in the same league as the super tanking Penguins and I never respected it.

As much as I hate the Bruins and Red Wings, I admire their approach to their fans. They shell out a lot to see their team play and they owe it to them to ice a playoff team every year. :towel:

I understand preseason perfectly. Im not referring to preseason im referring to the last two seasons capped off by an embarrassing post season.

Simple as we can't score goals, and have a bad habit of falling apart, showing up to one maybe two periods a game. Evidence - 2011-12 ,2012-13

My lineup after tonight:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (give him a little shot with the twins, short leash)

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Hansen - Schroeder - Higgins

Shinkaruk - Richardson - Santorelli

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Weber

Alberts

Corrado

Luongo

Lack

Archived