The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013-14 Prospect Points Tracker

Only real negatives to note is Subban and Shinkaruk taking a statistical regression (which is fair since Belleville sucked compared to last year, and Shink was injured for the most part of his season), and Alex Mallet looking like he's barely good enough for a 4th line role in the AHL.

The OHL season has just come to an end, and for a number of Canucks prospects, it's been a good one. Hear from Stan Smyl as he provides an update on Vancouver's top up-and-comers.

It's funny how one draft and the Nhl success of a prospect really changes the outlook of everything. I still stand by my thoughts that Horvat, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, and Cassels will all be sure fire NHLers in the next 3-5 years.

Damn Cederholm with a +42, I know Portland has some offensive studs but that's pretty impressive for a young defense men who has never played on NA ice before.

Cedarholme does not have the upside of Hutton or Subban. Might be the most likely to have a long career?

Can anyone remember a previous time when Canucks prospects have dominated the playoffs scoring of one of the major junior leagues?

We currently have four of the OHL's top ten playoff scorers. Spots 1, 5, 7, and 8 are players who are Canucks property.

1. Dane Fox: 5 games, 6 goals, 6 assists, 12 points

5. Cole Cassels: 4 games, 2 goals, 7 assists, 9 points

7. Bo Horvat: 4 games, 4 goals, 4 assists, 8 points

8. Brendan Gaunce: 5 games, 4 goals, 4 assists, 8 points

I've watched this team for a long time and followed prospects nearly as long and I can't recall ever seeing anything like this.

Can anyone remember a previous time when Canucks prospects have dominated the playoffs scoring of one of the major junior leagues?

We currently have four of the OHL's top ten playoff scorers. Spots 1, 5, 7, and 8 are players who are Canucks property.

1. Dane Fox: 5 games, 6 goals, 6 assists, 12 points

5. Cole Cassels: 4 games, 2 goals, 7 assists, 9 points

7. Bo Horvat: 4 games, 4 goals, 4 assists, 8 points

8. Brendan Gaunce: 5 games, 4 goals, 4 assists, 8 points

I've watched this team for a long time and followed prospects nearly as long and I can't recall ever seeing anything like this.

Even weirder when you word it like.. Half of the top 8 ohl playoff scorers are canucks

You can find regular season stats for junior players, European players, and NCAA players on the main post; all of their regular seasons are done so I won't be re-posting them each time I make a new post.

damn though, our junior prospects are looking nice right now. Even if it is the first round and against weaker competition, it's a nice distraction from the way the Canucks' season has gone.

REGULAR SEASON

03-31-2014ahl_zpsa4381d1c.png

PLAYOFFS

03-31-2014playoffs_zps94ff4004.png

• 2 weeks later...

Stone Cold - I just wanted to say you have done a hell of a job with this thread. It's a very insightful look into what this organization has for talent. As a Comet's fan, I was able to look forward to your posts about our team. Next season should be very interesting in Utica. Keep up the good work! We really appreciate what you do.

Archived