The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spotted Outside of CDC

NucksPatsFan

Could this work here?

Universities have Facebook pages called Spotted At then their University name. Basically people who attend there join and post things like "to the guy in the cafeteria line who couldn't decide which flavor of vitamin water to get, I thought you were cute" and if said guy happened to be in that group and saw that and realized it was him, he would comment on her post and be like hey that was me.

Not trying to make this a dating thread or anything, but members on here probably see or walk past each other everyday whether at canucks game, downtown, or even in other cities.

I'm not sure whether I qualify as a White Noiser. I don't think I post enough to justify that tag and I don't really share many personal details anyway.

I'm also not sure exactly how this spotted thing would work (with CDC I mean).

As someone who has a lot of experience organizing events I've been toying with an idea and thought I'd throw it out to you guys for review.

I was thinking about organizing a CDC meetup, or several in different locations, whereby we could nominate a CDC local pub in each Metro area for Canucks games.

Essentially, we could have a home base for games and could get sponsorship from the bars, in the form of discounted drinks or food, for our patronage. We could try it out once a location is chosen and I'd be happy to make the arrangements. We'd need a certain commitment in numbers but I could see a great potential for helping build our community and for it to develop into a long term thing. I think if it was popular there could be a CDC local for Vancouver, for Burnaby, for Surrey, for North Van, for Victoria, etcetera.

What do you guys think? I'd be happy to do the work. Should I make a separate thread in WN?

Archived