The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would Kassian benefit from spending time in the AHL?

Junkyard Dog

Should of starred int he AHL when we traded for him, and treated him like any other of our prospects. But instead he gets special treatment because of the trade, wheres none of our own drafted players get any shots. Kassian can play like crap and stay, but kids who show some potential and play great do not get that chance.

Just 5 minutes ago TSN That Hockey just said Canucks so lost the trade lol.

Talk to MG. Kassian's in our lineup, getting a good 11-13 minutes because of MG's big ego hoping that his trade will eventually work out.

Any way... back to your question. No, he will develop way better the way he is now. He is getting good minutes in our lineup. There is nothing wrong to his development playing on the third line, it actually helps him. It is only bad to him if he only gets 6 minutes a game like the typical 4th liner, but that is not the case.

So far he only played say a third of a season between Buffalo and Vancouver then last season was a short season so he didn't really find his consistency. Let's see how he plays this season. He has been here for one game and in my opinion should be on the second line with Kesler. Santorelli should get another chance at top line as Hansen seems to be more consistant on the third line along with Higgins. Maybe give Booth another try with Kesler or move Daniel down as he is a far better playmaker. We need some playmaking here as we seem to be lacking this.

Where is that supposed mean streak mentioned when he first arrived? So far, he's playing kind of soft. I know he throw hits here and there, but most of the time he seems to be floating around.

I want to see him mucking it up after the whistles in front of the net, hounding the defensemen, and just be a dominant and physical force out there.

I know the Canucks will be unfairly targeted and that Kassian has "toned it down", but if that was the case, MG should have just re-sign Taylor Pyatt, the friendly giant. You always can count on Pyatt to at least put up 30 points and be 0.4PPG in the post-season.... something that seems likes like a pipedream for Kassian...

Do you guys think Kassian would benefit from playing in the AHL? Quite frankly I don't he's ready to play top 6 minutes and in seasons past has not shown he can produce points consistently, I will give him 5-10 games to change my opinion of him. He would get way more minutes in Utica than playing on the 3rd or 4th line in the NHL. For wingers we have D.Sedin, Burrows, Higgins, Hansen, Santorelli, Booth and maybe even Richardson and Schroeder(depending who is the 3rd line center). That is a lot of wingers Kassian has to outplay in order to play on 1st 2nd and 3rd line...

What do you guys think?

Archived