The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers, Sabres working on major trade

If I'm Edmonton and if I'm trading Yakupov, I would make sure that I get Hodgson in the trade. Eberle and Hodgson would make a great second line to Hall and Nugent-Hopkins first line. With Gagner centering the third line they are gonna be pretty good on forward.

Hall-Nuge-Perron

Eberle-Hodgson-Hemsky

Now, they just need to find a reliable defence and goaltending lol

If Edmonton is trying to get Vanek and or Miller (appears he doesn't want to go there anyways), then I really don't think they should trade Yakupov. Basically, Vanek and Miller may not re-sign there after this year whereas Yakupov will be a restricted free agent. So they might lose Yakupov for nothing after this year, which would suck bad.

I'm surprised Miller's being so picky. At 33 and considering the goalie market these days, he should probably be open to any team in the West if he does want to get closer to California. Don't really see anyone other than the Alberta teams being in a position to offer him anything realistic next season.

The way the Oil seem to like throwing 6 mil contracts at their RFAs, (and Nuge coming up on his) I can't see MacT being able to take on both Miller and Vanek without unloading some salary.

Moving Hemsky would provide some short-term relief, (and Buffalo would probably take him) but the Oilers would pretty much have to move Gags' salary as well, unless the Cap really jumps next year...

If I'm Edmonton and if I'm trading Yakupov, I would make sure that I get Hodgson in the trade. Eberle and Hodgson would make a great second line to Hall and Nugent-Hopkins first line. With Gagner centering the third line they are gonna be pretty good on forward.

Hall-Nuge-Perron

Eberle-Hodgson-Hemsky

Now, they just need to find a reliable defence and goaltending lol

If Edmonton is trying to get Vanek and or Miller (appears he doesn't want to go there anyways), then I really don't think they should trade Yakupov. Basically, Vanek and Miller may not re-sign there after this year whereas Yakupov will be a restricted free agent. So they might lose Yakupov for nothing after this year, which would suck bad.

Don't really see these two as obvious dance partners. As mentioned, Buff is wise to deal Vanek/Miller seperately, if possible.

Could Bryz be going to either team, adding another variable?

Seems both these squads have D-deficiencies; sadly,(&surprisingly!) they don't have much cap space as well...

I would laugh so hard if the Oilers traded Yakupov for Miller. With the Oilers D it really doesn't matter who is in net.

I could see the Oilers trading him for someone like Hodgson though. They need a second line center since I don't think they're sold on Gagner.

I would laugh so hard if the Oilers traded Yakupov for Miller. With the Oilers D it really doesn't matter who is in net.

I could see the Oilers trading him for someone like Hodgson though. They need a second line center since I don't think they're sold on Gagner.

That wouldn't make sense for either team.

The Oilers believed in Gagner enough to sign him to a 3 yr deal worth 4.8M per. If they did this trade they would have way too much money committed to there center ice with only Boyd Gordon capable of playing defensively.

The Sabres just went through a long off-season of negotiating with Hodgson and they have both committed long term to each other, they also lack depth at center.

Straight up

To buf: yakupov

To edm: Myers

Ference-Myers

Smid-petry

Schultz-schultz

Buf going forward with Hodgson, yak, ennis, grigorenko and girgensons is good start with other assets coming in

Edm still has hemsky to move to bring in some toughness in the top 9 forwards

Buf still has miller and vanek to trade to replace the loss of myers

Archived