The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

vcrguy

There's been a real ramp up in the Booth bashing recently but I think he was slowly getting better. Besides scoring a few, one way he could really get into the good graces of Tortorella is if he starts hitting some people. Booth is built like a truck but he just doesn't impose his physical presence into the limited shifts he has been getting.

When he gets back into the lineup (which should be against the Devils tomorrow), I'd like to see him run over a few guys on his first shift just to show Tortorella that the message got through. Fonzy has shown he will play the guys who show something early so Booth should slam a few Red Bulls just before the opening faceoff tomorrow night.

There's been a real ramp up in the Booth bashing recently but I think he was slowly getting better. Besides scoring a few, one way he could really get into the good graces of Tortorella is if he starts hitting some people. Booth is built like a truck but he just doesn't impose his physical presence into the limited shifts he has been getting.

When he gets back into the lineup (which should be against the Devils tomorrow), I'd like to see him run over a few guys on his first shift just to show Tortorella that the message got through. Fonzy has shown he will play the guys who show something early so Booth should slam a few Red Bulls just before the opening faceoff tomorrow night.

This! Booth needs to HIT! Hit people so hard it knocks the holy spirit out of em, then sent em a tweet to tell them about the good news.

This! Booth needs to HIT! Hit people so hard it knocks the holy spirit out of em, then sent em a tweet to tell them about the good news.

Tough to do so early on when coming back from so many injuries. He's probably reluctant because he's afraid to re-injure something again, which isn't unreasonable. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have a lot time too waste. He's going to have to risk it and push himself.

His agent (theprovince.com/Teamradio) suggests that Booth is still injured with his ankle issue...

*FACEPALM*

Put this guy on LTIR and shut him down for the year; sign a UFA as as stop gap for this season and cut him loose the end of the year..... Gagne? Prospal? Our offensive lines are soo weak and lack so much depth, they keep calling up Dman and using them on the 4th line?!? Overworking shifts for Sedins/Kesler/Higgins will wear them out come playoff time....

Meanwhile Gillis shrugs and sweats it out...

The ramp up is something that tends to happen - you see it a lot.

1. Someone in the media points out something minor in a discussion of a player or game

2. two people call in to Team1040 and repeat it as if they came up with it first

3. 10 people hear it on the radio and write it up in a CDC thread

4. 10 more people read it on CDC and call in to Team 1040 trying to sound like it's their insight

5. 50 people on CDC now think, hey, that must be true

6. Some off hand comment on a minor part of someone's play is now a major issue

I thought he got hurt

Oh jeez Cyril. Of course he got hurt. That's the point isn't it? He's always hurt. Took much longer than projected to recover from his last injury and missed camp. Finally joined the team. Was slow to get going. Torts called him a weird dude. Got benched for "not doing enough to play". Then just when he gets back into the line up he plays one period and gets hurt again. I'm not drawing any conclusions. Just pointing out what his Canuck history has been. Please stop apologizing for this guy. Right or wrong. Injury prone or not. Lucky or unlucky. Good or bad. He simply is not producing for the team. And at a 4.25m salary cap he's hurting the team.

I see he's collecting WCB again off another phantom injury. If there is any option of waiving him DO SO.

We've given him enough chances... can't be any more patient with a guy who's simply forgot how to play. I mean really the millions he's collected for sitting on his ass and playing a mere 12 minutes when he does actually play is astonishing. I can't think of a worse contract right now.

Archived