The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

vcrguy

Thanks for the update on Booth. But weird that he "stepped on a stick" and was hurt. Twisted an ankle maybe?

Dude is just having no luck shaking that injury prone stigma, which is especially bad since he's been sliding in performance the whole season. If he doesn't start looking better pretty quickly whenever he returns, I don't fancy his chances of hanging around.

Did he ever get a good look at with the Sedins?

I don't mind Booth's game, but imo that's the last place he should be playing.

He is not the strongest player on the roster at reading his linemates, cycling and maintaining possession of the puck - has some good attributes, but 'plays well with others' wouldn't be at the top of that list imo.

Then again, if they're trying to snap him out of the go-it-solo haze he appears to be in, I suppose there's no one better than a/the Sedins to do so.

Neither Florida or Vancouver won that trade so..... just like all the other stuff in the Canucks past.......

Let

it

go

Hodgsons gone, Kassian is here

Schneider is gone, Luongo is here

Ballard is not with Vancouver, we gained nothing and lost something, Grabner is no longer with Florida and their pick was a bust, So they got nothing

Booth is playing for the Canucks for now

That is how it is, so let it go until something happens, and then move on from that.

Instead of complaining so much why don't you guys focus on well Santorelli is playing for someone making 550K

You let it go. You post this crap on every post talking about the past. Past history is a valid topic of conversation, so can it. Great. Santorelli is playing good, meanwhile others aren't. Since when do you have to crap Canuck colored rainbows and have Kassian posters above your bed to be a fan? Jesus you everything Canucks is rose colored geeks bug me.

Never liked this trade from the beginning, but it happened and dealt with it. I wanted to give Booth the benefit of the doubt this season with a new coach, and being healthy from his injury. Turned out he wasn't even healthy enough with all that time to recover, to busy hunting instead of worrying about his career playing hockey. I've seen enough this year so far, and that's it no more benefit of the doubt for this guy, he's a bust and a waste of 4.2M.

Lol I remember I was really stoked when we got Booth. The dude needs to call it a career for his own good. He's officially the Rey Mysterio of the league.

The first season he was here I thought he was very effective,until the dirty knee on knee by Kevin Porter (then with the Av's)..After that ,it's been a succession of injuries,one right after the other..That's not laziness,it's just bad luck (much like Jordan Schroeder)..After Torts benches him for a game,the allegiance on CDC completely switches..all of a sudden,he's a 'bum'...funny innit!

The first season he was here I thought he was very effective,until the dirty knee on knee by Kevin Porter (then with the Av's)..After that ,it's been a succession of injuries,one right after the other..That's not laziness,it's just bad luck (much like Jordan Schroeder)..After Torts benches him for a game,the allegiance on CDC completely switches..all of a sudden,he's a 'bum'...funny innit!

All of a sudden he's a bum....have you just started watching the Canucks he was slagged last season for heaven's sake and didn't get much love his first season here either. If he was on minimum wage it would hard to justify him taking a roster sport. He's consuming VERY valuable cap space...he's ham strung MG....

Personally I dont like anything about Booth. He has done nothing good for us. Hes always getting injured and given hes still young will probably continue to always get injured. Hes not horrible at anything but hes not GOOD at anything either. Hes like a crappy kesler. Hes over paid. I cant STAND how everytime he is on camera he has to preach about his faith and god, like come on you are in a left wing canadian province no one cares to hear about that crap, keep it to yourself. And also the guy kills grizzly bears. I cant respect anyone who goes and trophy hunts. No respect for animals. Its like he knows nothing about BC. This is not the place to come out and brag about murdering a majestic grizzly. I know a lot of people here were pretty furious to hear him bragging about that. Disgusting. Go somewhere else, David Booth. You do not belong here.

Personally I dont like anything about Booth. He has done nothing good for us. Hes always getting injured and given hes still young will probably continue to always get injured. Hes not horrible at anything but hes not GOOD at anything either. Hes like a crappy kesler. Hes over paid. I cant STAND how everytime he is on camera he has to preach about his faith and god, like come on you are in a left wing canadian province no one cares to hear about that crap, keep it to yourself. And also the guy kills grizzly bears. I cant respect anyone who goes and trophy hunts. No respect for animals. Its like he knows nothing about BC. This is not the place to come out and brag about murdering a majestic grizzly. I know a lot of people here were pretty furious to hear him bragging about that. Disgusting. Go somewhere else, David Booth. You do not belong here.

What's more tiresome about David's time here is that everytime he's mentioned we have to hear about hunting and God. Hunting and God? Hunting and God. We have to hear more about hunting and God.

Word to the wise... Next time we pick up this 'fabulous top line player' from Florida, who's been struggling for a long time and hasn't looked good since getting a big fat raise and/or a massive concussion... DON'T BELIEVE THE CANUCK HYPE ABOUT 'WE'VE BEEN LOOKING AT HIM A LONG TIME!'

No way in hell is this moneyball. Never was. It was taking yet another bad contract from Florida, who wished they had a mulligan on Jesus freakos long-term payraise.

Why don't the Canucks next time just spare us all the BS, the hunting and God, the phantom injuries, the poor work ethic, the rapid downward toilet spiral of a rapidly concluding career, and buy the clown out right away if it's just another poor southern american team contract dump?

'Oh but he played with Kesler once upon a time in a magical chemistry fairytale...'

HAHAHAHAHA!

No more. PLEASE!!! You are insulting our intelligence with these ridiculous shills, Canucks.

/rant

Ps. And don't get me started about our mythical ultra-expensive top-notch player development and farm system, which has turned up JACK FREAKIN' SQUAT while other teams crank out rookie after rookie after rookie. Gee, you think they have what the Canucks hype themselves up about... Except it's legit?

Y'know... Eventually you need to see results. Otherwise, what has been said looks like bs. So how can anything said additionally ever be taken seriously?

Honestly he is a much bigger plug than Raymond. At least Raymond would go on streaks and contribute a decent amount (he was like 6th in scoring last year with 22 points and around 10 goals) and Raymond was an effective PK guy, all for way less money.

Instead of spending weeks on end in a tree stand baiting a bear to blast. Why not work on the deficiency in your game?

Simple things like stick handling drills for 30 min a day will go a long way. He's naturally a powerful skater and has an above average shot. Hands and hockey IQ are well below average. Like I'm talking about Tom Sestito skill wise.

With his production at a stand still. His trade value is zilch. Even though I can't stand watching him crap the bed every night. We have no choice but to see if he can snap out of it by playoff time. Torts on the other hand may not give him such a long leash.

Archived