The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

vcrguy

Trade him...did you say trade him there's not an NHL team would touch this guy at that money and recent history! You would have to cover a large porition of his salary and take a low low pick just to get him out of here.

We can't wish him into being a NHL type player. You play him, you watch him and then you make a decission ...and that's what Tortorella did. Any of Gaunce, Horvat or Shinkaruk would do more for less. Frankly he doesn't even look interested.... if he was to get into some ones face in a scrum even....just show some thing any thing. I was hoping for better from him this season but it ain't going to happen....what's plan "B" On another forum I believe some one said he's likely to turn his ankle come the end of the season just so he's injured and they can't buy him out come the summer :rolleyes:

I was arguing against trading him. Thought that was clear. Oh wait it was. You just quoted part of what I said, nice job.

I still think he's avoiding a lot of physical play either because he's still recovering, or he's worried about re-aggravating something. Which is understandable in my books. Its only been 10 games. It would be foolish to give up on him so quickly.

The people constantly bashing Booth don't know hockey from a hole in the ground.

I have full confidence he'll turn it around. I strongly dislike the posters (posers) on here the just have to bash someone all the time.

I said it earlier in this thread but it's amazing. I be seen this type of hate for a player done to all our players: Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa etc...

Then when the individual player starts scoring or playing better, they move to the next, rinse and repeat.

Cheer for your team, quit hating for the sake of hating. He's going through a struggle, ever player goes through it, some for longer. He's had to return after injury multiple times! That's not easy to do. Not everyone is Crosby.

Anyways continue your hate. I know the posters with common sense here and those are the ones with opinions worth reading.

/RANT

I agree the criticism of Booth is rather excessive. However, if any of my fellow posters think Booth is a liability and believes the team would fare better with any potential replacement, then its obvious that they are cheering for the team because they want what is best for the team. And Crosby isn't a good comparison to any player imo.

What you said

His trade value is pretty low right now so lets say we trade him for a mid to late round pick.

His trade value is LOW....it's non existant. Which GM is thinking...this is just the player we need.... I guess if you bundled him with a quality player maybe but why do you want to give up a quality player. When Burrows, Hansen and Schroeder are healthy he's going to see more of the press box...time to plan his next hunting trip ::D

I"d give him another month to pick it up. Hopefully with a true play maker cause he sure can't pass. But like a lot of others have said he probably won't make the next month as a regular. He'll be watching more games in the press box. He's not been bad but not been an impact player like he potentially can be. Sometimes he's just been invisible .

Maybe this is reaching a bit, but I think there is a rift between Torts and Booth. Of course he isn't playing well and deserves to get scratched, but there could be more to it than that.

Could somebody find the CanucksTV clip on Booth that they played yesterday? At one point, there was a video taken from the bench of Torts staring a hole in to the back of Booth's head. Booth turns around, they make eye contact (the whole while Torts is looking like he wants to smack him) and then Booth quickly turns back around with a really pissed off look on his face. It was really strange to see.

Booth in the last 5 games he has average 12 minutes a game.

Kesler in the last 5 games has average 23 minutes a game.

Kelser on the season has 4 points and a (-5)

Booth on the season has 3 points and a (+3)

and your concerned about Booth

but what ya neglected to say was who has more value on the market with teams tripping over each other to get one of these two....kesler!!!

needless to say coach torts knows full well who will log more minutes in games between these two and that's an emphatic ryan kesler! just last night against the islanders mr. booth was sitting upstairs watching and learning from kesler if he was even paying attention, ridiculous comparison. sestito may have been more provoking debate but maybe not, even mr. sestito has played in his define roll and more economical too.

Never thought I'd see the day that Gallagher and I were on the same page <_<

http://www.theprovin...3864/story.html

i recall last year between periods how old tony gushed at all the depth we had with forwards, he had to stop himself over the "ridiculous" topic that the canucks needed to shore it up possibly, we were in forward heaven according to tony...i laughed at the ole lap dog.

it was clear then with booth, raymond being the noteables and the collection of grinders up and down from the wolves and others had no nhl compete/skills level and with coach v behind the bench there we would be no room for youth to groom going forward, so here we are tony!

Maybe this is reaching a bit, but I think there is a rift between Torts and Booth. Of course he isn't playing well and deserves to get scratched, but there could be more to it than that.

Could somebody find the CanucksTV clip on Booth that they played yesterday? At one point, there was a video taken from the bench of Torts staring a hole in to the back of Booth's head. Booth turns around, they make eye contact (the whole while Torts is looking like he wants to smack him) and then Booth quickly turns back around with a really pissed off look on his face. It was really strange to see.

I want to see this.

I want to see this.

I did see that but wasn't sure if Torts was staring at Booth or beyond. Zoomed in camera angles can be deceiving. It does look like how the previous poster described it though.

I saw Torts mouth the words "f'ing Ch&^*t" once and I wondered how Booth would feel about that and if it would weigh on him at all. torts also said in one of his earlier interviews when asked about Booth that "he's a strange guy" or words to that effect. OF course, its all speculation.

It's interesting. You post a bad comment about Booth and 75% of CDC goes nuts, calls you stupid and says Booth is ok, or even great.

Torts benches him, and all of a sudden Booth loses a lot of his cloudt on here and people want him gone................wow..................the power of the word

I did see that but wasn't sure if Torts was staring at Booth or beyond. Zoomed in camera angles can be deceiving. It does look like how the previous poster described it though.

I saw Torts mouth the words "f'ing Ch&amp;^*t" once and I wondered how Booth would feel about that and if it would weigh on him at all. torts also said in one of his earlier interviews when asked about Booth that "he's a strange guy" or words to that effect. OF course, its all speculation.

This "he's weird" comment is blown out of proportion (by the media)...it was a joke by Torts...Torts also mentioned a few games back that Booth was "coming along".....It's just a performance based benching,for whatever reason,Booth is 'disengaged' ,this season..Too bad ,because his bread and butter is fearlessly driving to the net.

I can't believe the Aquilini's didn't buy him out. It would've really helped this team in free agency if Francesco weren't so greedy. Sure, they bought out Ballard but they can afford Booth also. Can't stand this guy any longer. I would rather have Gaunce in the lineup FFS. At least send him on a one way trip to Utica..........or Belize.

Edit: Whoops, I totally forgot that he can;t be bought out on IR. Anywho, I wonder how much longer he will be benched?

I can't believe the Aquilini's didn't buy him out. It would've really helped this team in free agency if Francesco weren't so greedy. Sure, they bought out Ballard but they can afford Booth also. Can't stand this guy any longer. I would rather have Gaunce in the lineup FFS. At least send him on a one way trip to Utica..........or Belize.

we couldn't buy him out due to injury....

Archived