The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 1-3 Blue Jackets

Drouin

We shouldn't be paying $2.5 M a year for a third liner.

We paid 2.5 mil for Samuelsson who was a third liner that found chemistry with the Sedins. And we paid 2.5 mil for Raymond and Malhotra, who were also third liners.

That's how much 3rd liners cost.

He can put up 30-40 points while playing a solid two way game and killing penalties. He's worth what he makes.

PK was great tonight.

Higgins is not a 2nd line guy (He'd probably even say that) but at least he's getting into the positions.

Still need a bonafide 2nd liner but who's out there? And who have we got to trade?

Edit: I think Higgins is worth his 2.5 for that third line role. Booth for 4 mil really needs to step up

We paid 2.5 mil for Samuelsson who was a third liner that found chemistry with the Sedins. And we paid 2.5 mil for Raymond and Malhotra, who were also third liners.

That's how much 3rd liners cost.

He can put up 30-40 points while playing a solid two way game and killing penalties. He's worth what he makes.

That's what the Canucks pay third liners. The Hawks don't pay anyone on their third line more than $1.3M. But what would Stan Bowman know about the value of third liners? He's only won two Stanley Cups.

That's what the Canucks pay third liners. The Hawks don't pay anyone on their third line more than $1.3M. But what would Stan Bowman know about the value of third liners? He's only won two Stanley Cups.

Wasn't Bolland on their third line a few years back making that money?

Good game, good game.. liked our intensity level, still working out the kinks for sure, but we carried the attack for the most part, still we need more from Booth out there, I liked what I saw from Kassian. Damn I hope Schroeder is not out for too long, he brings that playmaking ability for the third line, can't wait til he and Burr are back from injury.

Few things:

1. We don't need Vanek. He has clear intentions of signing with minny next year. Gillis better not be stupid enough to give up a package for a one year guy. We do need a sniper, but one that is controllable for a few years.

2. If Kassian had a good game I'd hate to see a bad game. -1, 1 shot, 2 hits. That's pathetic. If he wants to influence the game he needs to step up the physical aspect.

3.kesler sucked worse than Kassian. He has got to find his game. It's becoming obvious he needs a playmaker and another triggerman on his line. Playmaker to feed him and triggerman to take some of the focus off him.

Pretty much, this team, in order to go any where needs 2 top 6 players...which is a tall order with a GOOD GM. With Gillis, it's impossible.

Guys chill it was a b2b, guys were tired. I agree we need a 2nd line guy, my vote goes for a 2nd line C. Vanek is a LW. Should have found a way to keep Roy imo would have solved all our problems right now; much more useful than Booth. The guys we have traded for with LTC's usually have turned out bad for us, with Ballard and Booth. Why are we so insecure that we need to do that it doesn't make sense. Get a guy if he plays well resign him OR sign a guy LT through FA. Tradewire is not the place to find LT contracts.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2011021190-635-h

If we kept Roy, or get a 2C, we look like

Sedins Burrows

Kesler Roy Kassian

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Weise Richardson Sestito

DONE

Kassian has also looked good of late, it takes a while to build up your confidence at his age, esp after a trade. Would have been nice for him if his goal held up in that Pits game, he looked pumped.

3.kesler sucked worse than Kassian. He has got to find his game. It's becoming obvious he needs a playmaker and another triggerman on his line. Playmaker to feed him and triggerman to take some of the focus off him.

Agree Kesler sucks but he has had the opportunity to play with the Sedins who do you think would be a better set-up guy than Hank?!! The issue is with Kesler not who is on his line. He simply is not an offensive talent capable of putting up the points needed/expected of him.

Said it before, and I'll say it again.

Giving guys like Higgins and Hansen that kind of money over that term will only result in their disappearance.

Job security is not going to motive a grinder. 1 and 2 year terms does. They don't have the skill to take nights off giving 75% effot and drift off of pure talent to make up the differnce.

They are paid, via term and salary, to contribute with 100% effort, and as occasional difference makers on the score board. This one line hockey really shows against talented teams, and even shows itself against the bottom dwelling teams.

A win here would have given the team a solid road trip. Now they will be tooth and nail to end it .500

If Higgins had shot that puck about 1" higher and we came back to either win or salvage one point in over time, everyone on this boad would be talking about a gritty come from behind win or a good performance from a team on a long road trip playing back to back games and coming off an emotional loss to Pitsburgh. Now, instead, it's all doom and gloom and how the team is nothing but 3rd and 4th liners and where the heck is Kesler and Booth, and why the heck did we trade Hodgson for Kassian, and fire Gillis...etc. It's so predictable it's pathetic. In fact, I'm surprised no one has found a way to blame this loss on Luongo. Everyone needs to just chill and get some perspective. The team that on Saturday very nearly beat the Penguins in regulation and thoroughly dominated them for most of the game did not just transform into a a crap team in the space of one day.

If Higgins had shot that puck about 1" higher and we came back to either win or salvage one point in over time, everyone on this boad would be talking about a gritty come from behind win or a good performance from a team on a long road trip playing back to back games and coming off an emotional loss to Pitsburgh. Now, instead, it's all doom and gloom and how the team is nothing but 3rd and 4th liners and where the heck is Kesler and Booth, and why the heck did we trade Hodgson for Kassian, and fire Gillis...etc. It's so predictable it's pathetic. In fact, I'm surprised no one has found a way to blame this loss on Luongo. Everyone needs to just chill and get some perspective. The team that on Saturday very nearly beat the Penguins in regulation and thoroughly dominated them for most of the game did not just transform into a a crap team in the space of one day.

So basically you're saying everyone should view the team the way you do and share your opinion. Dominating by possession without producing is not really domination. The lack of finish has been and continues to be an issue for this team and has been for over 2 years. Most posters who are concerned are not basing it on 10 games but on a team that continues with the same struggles of the past. If the game was called "keep away" the Nucks would be elite but possession doesn't get you points.

Archived