The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sauve recalled

Nobodies on the move.

Sauve is being recalled to be a number 8 D-man, and we're moving one of our D to play bottom 6.

Pretty simple.

In favour of playing Booth? That would be quite odd. Unless someone else is coming back from injury. It just doesn't look that simple. Could be wrong, but Booth is still a better option in the middle 6 than any of our defensemen we could dress in that spot.

In favour of playing Booth? That would be quite odd. Unless someone else is coming back from injury. It just doesn't look that simple. Could be wrong, but Booth is still a better option in the middle 6 than any of our defensemen we could dress in that spot.

Either that or Torts and Booth have some serious problems

3 injured forwards and another who was just a healthy scratch, so we add a 9th D?

Doesn't make any sense to me and I really hope that isn't Torts' logic. Unless they're just counting on getting through NJ tomorrow and Burrows is back Friday, but it really seems unlikely.

I'm not one to usually jump to trade speculations over minor moves, but this all seems too weird.

It's essentially a wash with Booth's though.

I only mention him because I don' think he's fitting well in Dallas and he seems a Torts type player.

I was just gonna post that. Same position, same amount of points. But all that to dump 350k of salary in a good price on a 7th dman like Alberts? There would have to be more at play, here.

Well why not just call up a forward........ to play a forwards position then? makes absolutely no sense to call up a defenceman when were down 3 forwards...

I don't think any of our forwards are ready to be honest.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Higgins Santorelli Kassian

Booth Richardson Weise

Sestito Welsh Alberts

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Stanton Tanev

Weber, Sauve

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Booth Richardson Weise

Sestito Welsh Alberts

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Stanton Tanev

Weber, Sauve

Alberts played 37 seconds last game. Switch him and Weber in your line up and maybe....

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Booth Richardson Weise

Sestito Welsh Alberts

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Stanton Tanev

Weber, Sauve

What about Archibald, Ferreiro and Hamill? Archibald has been mentioned for 4th/3rd line duty before, same with Hamill, and Ferreiro has NHL experience from SJS and NYR.

There is definitely something happening, though I don't think it's involving Sauve. It's hard for another GM to get excited about a guy like Sauve, who couldn't even crack the Wolves last year. Yes, he's big and physical but the last few season show halted development, playing minimal time, and lengthy stretches of injuries.

I have to think Alberts is getting moved or waived, the same could be said for Booth, though in either scenario a defenseman call up seems unlikely considering our forward situation right now. Something is going on, and hopefully it's big!

What about Archibald, Ferreiro and Hamill? Archibald has been mentioned for 4th/3rd line duty before, same with Hamill, and Ferreiro has NHL experience from SJS and NYR.

None are ready from what I've seen.

Hamill and Fereiro have been average. Plus I don't think they want to recall players that will need waivers to be sent back.

Archibald has been improving, but I think they wanna leave him in the AHL a full season to develop. No need to risk messing up a good thing with him right now.

Who knows, maybe Burrows is closer than anyone thought and will slot in tomorrow. Torts doesn't seem to waste any time getting players back in based on what we saw with Booth and Schroeder. If Burrows was good enough to practice, he might be good enough to play.

Archived