The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sauve recalled

^^^^ Just in case.

Someone else could go down tonight meaning we would need to be up tight to add a piece from outside.

Too early for me to speculate on how bad Weise is injured, and Booth didn't play the whole frame either. Bandaid team 2013.

Are you psychic? Or can we just chalk this one up to random sports injuries?

Isn't getting the max LTIR space because we're probably about to put Hansen on LTIR?

This. It would matter if we were just adding a cheap depth player, but if we're looking to make a larger move and can't yet get rid of a bigger contract of our own then it'd come in handy.

Too early for me to speculate on how bad Weise is injured, and Booth didn't play the whole frame either. Bandaid team 2013.

Are you psychic? Or can we just chalk this one up to random sports injuries?

Not psychic but we were in a vulnerable position coming into tonight if we lost another player.

It may have been a small move, and one that is confusing to anyone who doesn't understand their reasoning, but it was done as a form of insurance against freak happenstance. Weise getting injured might just be that scenario that this was intended to hedge the bet against.

It may seem like counting pennies to us unwashed masses but this was the reason we hired Gilman and invested so much into cap management. There is a puzzle piece attitude toward every single contract, I am sure.

I doubt a trade is coming , Torts must have liked something about Sauve that he saw and wants him up since we have so many injuries again. I would like to see sauve fight to stay up!

He was our only D-man with multiple points, but the Canucks even said it was cap related. And has been already noted he's been sent back down in order to bring up Archie and Pelletier instead for help up front.

Archived