The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sauve recalled

I really hope Edler isn't on the block

Would it help if we got a top 6 player that can score goals in return?

Oh really? I didn't know it had been done. Interesting. And yeah I noticed he loves to do that, and usually good things happen when he does.

It's been tried a few times, with no real success. With Torts system though, it might work out different. Just look at Garrison.

I can't believe how much talk there is of moving Hamhuis. The guy has been an absolute rock on the back end since he got here. He has a bad start to the year and people are ready to get rid of him. It's ridiculous.

This is definitely an odd call up though.

One of the few people, he has been under whelming for years. Especially defensively, people see point production and think they are good players. Karlsson's +/- is pretty average and everyone thinks he is the best defencemen out there.

I disagree. His Corsi Rel numbers are pretty astronomical. Torts has had good things to say about Eddie, Bieksa, and Garrison. Hamhuis has history on his side. I highly doubt our top 4 are moved, if anything it'll be a forward+depth D+early pick.

I can't believe how much talk there is of moving Hamhuis. The guy has been an absolute rock on the back end since he got here. He has a bad start to the year and people are ready to get rid of him. It's ridiculous.

This is definitely an odd call up though.

No one in this thread is straight up demanding Hamhuis be traded, it's all just speculation. You have to give to get, right? I'm not in favor of moving Hammer either, I love him, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility (thrived under AV, not so much Torts, wouldn't doubt AV is pushing Sather to inquire about him)

There will come a point where Torts make it clear some players just aren't going to cut it. I thought that might be closer to late November, early December so they could get a better look before the deadline, but perhaps this is them seeing if they have another option from within for a depth D or if they have to make a trade.

Either that or someone hacked the Canucks twitter account.

I really hope Edler isn't on the block

They wouldn't be calling up Sauve if that was the case. I don't think they're planning on moving Tanev, Stanton or Weber into a full time top 4 role just yet if at all.

ya i agree zombieska corrado has more upside that tanev in my eyes even tho hes still young he has a awesome shot is mobile fast and dependable plus 600k salary for 2yrs instead of tanevs 1.5 mill tanev has no offensive talents whatso ever no physicality just good passes and positional play

ya i agree zombieska corrado has more upside that tanev in my eyes even tho hes still young he has a awesome shot is mobile fast and dependable plus 600k salary for 2yrs instead of tanevs 1.5 mill tanev has no offensive talents whatso ever no physicality just good passes and positional play

Personally I would love both to stay and let them both develop into top 4 guys as Bieksa gradually goes to a bottom pairing guy. Hamhuis-Bieksa at a reasonable caphit will be the best bottom pairing in the league.

I honestly don't know what is up though. Someone MUST be being waived though, because 9D just doesn't make sense in Torts' system regardless of D playing W.

I am the only one who's confused?

They're short forwards, not d-men......right? And Sauve - the guy spend the better part of last yr in the ECHL, why not Corrado or Andersson? I'm guessing this means Alberts is on the 'dog house' list for Torts.

Ohhh. I figured it out!

Alberts+Weber for TooToo!

Book it.

Archived