The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sportsnet's Dane Fox: Jets GM has been fielding calls for Evander Kane

Southpop45

it will be roster player two prospects and a first. Higgins, Schroeder, Corrado, 1st would be ideal but I think it will end up being Higgins, Jensen/ Gaunce, Corrado/Schroeder, 1st

Winnipeg would most likey want either Horvat or Shinkaruk added to a trade for Kane. Not Higgins and Schroeder they have no need for those players.

I think a deal that would work could be:

Kassian, Edler, 1st

Kassian replaces their loss of a player who can play now, Edler adds to a good d-corp. I wouldn't want to pay more. I would keep our prospects, next years draft isn't very deep, so it doesn't hurt too much not to have that pick.

Why do people think he is worth anything like what is suggested here. He played well for the Giants but looking at his stats he has not done much since then. What is his upside?

Young, strong, tenacious, goal scoring forward. In other words, everything we don't have on our roster. Upside is a potential iginla. Downside is he stays a 30 goal scorer.

I think people under estimate the impact a top end talent can have on this team. Having two lines that can score vs just one is massive for the year and the playoffs. He's also young enough to be a fixture with our future players like Horvat, Hunter and Cassels.

...He's also young enough to be a fixture with our future players like Horvat, Hunter and Cassels.

4th overall pick in 2009 and a 30 goal scorer? The Canucks would be trading one of Horvat or Shinkaruk (most likely Horvat) in order to make that deal happen. The Jets won't take another defensemen or projected 3rd line players like Guance or Jensen in return.

I think a deal that would work could be:

Kassian, Edler, 1st

Kassian replaces their loss of a player who can play now, Edler adds to a good d-corp. I wouldn't want to pay more. I would keep our prospects, next years draft isn't very deep, so it doesn't hurt too much not to have that pick.

I think a deal that would work for Lucic could be:

Kassian, Edler, 1st

For Kane I'll see your Edler and raise a 2nd.

Ridiculous proposals in here for someone who as of now has 13 points in 22 games. A tasty 6 goals included, and none in the past 9 games. I would like to have the kid here, but not for 4 quality pieces.

Forget it.

The Canucks would have to part with a lot to get him, but his 13 points would tie him for 4th on the Canucks in points and his 6 goals would tie him with 4th on the team. Pretty sure the Canucks could use a player that currently plays on a team with no offensive structure at all. That said, the main prospect coming back would be one of either Horvat or Shinkaruk (not Gaunce or Jensen).

Buy low, he's struggling now and while it may not knock down the value, it could make it easier for them to say yes. He's put up 30 goals as a 20 year old. That's better than what Kessel did, he has all the tools and the natural skill. Get a guy like this motivated and crashing the Torts way and you got yourself a young Iginla. Enough of these Higgins type players who don't have an extra gear because their points come purely from work ethic. When the playoffs come around, everyone is going 110%, and the tweeners disappear.

No problem with moving Horvat ++.

The Canucks would have to part with a lot to get him, but his 13 points would tie him for 4th on the Canucks in points and his 6 goals would tie him with 4th on the team. Pretty sure the Canucks could use a player that currently plays on a team with no offensive structure at all. That said, the main prospect coming back would be one of either Horvat or Shinkaruk (not Gaunce or Jensen).

Prospect, Pick, Player:

Horvat, 1st, Booth for Kane

Buy low, he's struggling now and while it may not knock down the value, it could make it easier for them to say yes. He's put up 30 goals as a 20 year old. That's better than what Kessel did, he has all the tools and the natural skill. Get a guy like this motivated and crashing the Torts way and you got yourself a young Iginla. Enough of these Higgins type players who don't have an extra gear because their points come purely from work ethic. When the playoffs come around, everyone is going 110%, and the tweeners disappear.

No problem with moving Horvat ++.

This… Kane is a stud and he just turned 22. He's not even close to being developed. His dad had a huge influence on his development, not allowing him to sign up for hockey until he way older despite learning to skate at the age of 3, or note allowing him to touch a weight in the gym all throughout his teens. Kane is going to develop into a beast and if he's at all available, Horvat, Shink, Kesler, whatever it takes.

Bring Kane home!!!

What really pisses me off, is last offseason, Cody and Schnieder probably gets it done. Peg wants the scoring replaced, and have garbage in net.

Heck, Kass probably looks like trash if hes still on Buffalo, value could be shaky. If Gillis is still high on him, send Edler there way for the Erhoff reunion, get Kassian and one of their many picks. Could potentially still get Horvat. Boom! just added E freakin Kane to what we have. MG out GMed by me.. will accept beer as payment.

Archived