The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sportsnet's Dane Fox: Jets GM has been fielding calls for Evander Kane

Southpop45

Vancouver: LW Evander Kane

Winnipeg: RW Alex Burrows, LW Hunter Shinkaruk, 2014 1st round draft pick or C Brendan Gaunce

Vancouver: 2014 1st round draft pick, D Danny Dekeyser, LW Anthony Mantha

Detroit: D Alex Edler, C Jordan Schroeder

Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Evander Kane

Chris Higgins-Ryan Kesler-Mike Santorelli

Zack Kassian-Brad Richardson-Jannik Hansen

Tom Sestito-Zac Dalpe-Dale Weise

Jeremy Welsh

Dan Hamhuis-Kevin Bieksa

Jason Garrison-Danny Dekeyser

Ryan Stanton-Chris Tanev

Yannik Weber

Andrew Alberts

Roberto Luongo

Eddie Lack

They're stacked on C

TFP 's report on asking price for E. Kane is:

two top-6 forwards with a high-end prospect or pick OR one roster player, one high-end prospect and a first round pick.

Tbh, I don't even know who to call our top 6 forwards other than the Sedins & Kesler.

So they would as for Hansen, Horvat and our 1st Round Pick. Definatley tempting though I really hope we let Horvat develop.

I'm from Winnipeg and I can tell you this. Claude Noel will be getting fired before any important player is moved. Our managemnt is very patient and the only the uneducated fans want Kane moved. Our GM knows the process of getting better and it doesn't happen overnight (or in 3 years after being a total bottom feeder). We're drafting a ton of defensmen, and centers. We have some good prospects in the system and our core has a couple more years to proove that they are top notch players before anything crazy happens with players. The only GAPPPPPING hole in our lineup is goaltending. Pavelec is getting worse if anything and I would probably see the Jets developping a goalie before they make a big splash and trade for a bonafide starter. My 2 cents.The Jets DO NOT NEED EDLER!!!!!!! Edler for Kane would be the dumbest trade in the history of the world. And trust me guys, all the hype about nobody liking Kane and all of the rumors about him being an asshole are total BS. Ignorant fans in Winnipeg don't realize what Kane can be.Buff EnstromBogo TroubaStuart ClitsomeEllerbyPardyPostmaRedmond

Net summary of CDC opinion is that our biggest need currently is a big, dynamic scoring winger. Kane gets mentioned a lot, but like Kane presumably a big RW with speed and snipe to play with the Twins?

Hey, Gillis IMO was near perfect this off season,returning to his quality GM form that brought us to the final, after 2 straight bad years. Lost his focus I guess??? Now Horvat looks great, but I'm saying we missed out on the BPA who fit our needs...

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

An 18 year old 6'4" scoring RW was available when we drafted, and has been good enough to play top line in the NHL and get 10 points in 10 games.

Danny / Hank / Nichushkin

Higgins / Kesler / Santorelli

Booth / Richardson / Hansen

Sestito / Dalpe / Kassian

Burrows IR / Schroeder IR

Weise, Welsh

Forget 2015; How much better would we look right now if???

Just sayin. :rolleyes:

With Burrows and Schroeder in:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Santo-Kesler-Nischushkin

Kassian-Schroeder-Booth

Higgins-Richardson-Sestito

Hansen

Holy crap, look at the depth on that team but am not sure if we would be able to fit it into our current cap situation. Maybe we would just waive Booth to fit Hansen in. We would've had so many BIG BODIES in the lineup, Nischushkin, Kassian, Booth, Sestito…not bad

ill always dream for the day when I go on the TSN website and the headline sais "Canucks acquire Kane for etc"

There's no way we can get Kane, I don't care if he is struggling in the Peg, hes young and has so much potential. The Jets probably wouldn't even listen unless we offered Shinkaruk/Horvat and since they are unproven we would have to give up a good roster player, so don't even think that you can throw in Jansen or Booth.

Chances of the Canucks landing Kane anytime soon are slim to none, the only possible way is if he had a NTC but he doesn't.

If the Jets wanted defence, then I could see a potential trade, but they are loaded for the future on D.

As good as Kane is, and how much this team could use him. I wouldn't give up any of kassian, tanev, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Horvat, corrado, or even Jensen. We need these guys in the future.

Unless MG can somehow move a package of

Booth

Hansen

Schroeder

1st

I'd say no deal, and I know WIN would say no to that as well

I'd be totally fine with trading Gaunce Tanev and Hansen for Kane...hear me out

- We would be getting the best player in the deal, and while Kane is certainly not elite scoring, he certainly improves our scoring depth, which is something we desperately need

- Gaunce is kind of redundant given we already have Sedin, Kesler Horvat Richardson and Schroeder (actually, they can have Schroeder instead of Gaunce heh)

- as much as I like Tanev, we already have 4 top-4 defensemen with NTC so we can't really afford giving him a raise and pay him like a top-4 to be a #5 guy...and for the record, I don't mind trading Edler instead but I suspect the Jets would want Tanev > Edler

- if we get Kane, then Hansen becomes redundant on RW since we would have Burrows Kane and Kassian

So trading 3 redundant pieces with trade value for a piece we actually need sounds pretty good to me

Archived