The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Xbox One Thread

Kent.S

Does anyone know how to delete xbox accounts or change the emails they are connected to?

I have never found a set up so ridiculous....

So I made an Xbox account who knows over 10 years ago on some old email and just left it. I no longer use that email though. My current email I use, lucky me, seems to have a spam bot account or some random fake account no one has ever used linked to it (certainly not a name I would have ever made). I want to rid myself of that account and link my current email to my account.

But apparently this is not an easy task to manage. It seems that Microsoft, linking everything, has me literally changing my email address but the Xbox account stays linked. Even customer service is bad and confused as the woman told me all I could do was change the fake accounts email to another fake email (that I would have to make) then etc etc but didn't seem to understand how to do it.

I feel like buying Apple products now out of spite.

I changed my email 5 years ago on the Xbox dashboard and it was simple and effective. That was also on 360 though. The layout of the XBO UI is terrible IMO. It's so hard to find things. I hope the new UI fixes this.

If you have 360 still try doing it there. It's much simpler than on XBO I imagine.

I know where everything is, but what I hate is the way the Xbox store is laid out. I love the Coming Soon option, it's a great way to keep track of games that are upcoming. But it's hard to find games already out. Bing search isn't the best either. I know they're fixing all this in November though. If anyone remembers the 360 in 2008, its UI got a complete makeover and overhaul. Im optimistic.

My friends troll Kinect way too much so I had to disconnect it.

Also for anyone who is a fan of Halo, you have to check this out. http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/consoles/halo-5-guardians

Im not a Halo person but if I was I'd be right on this. If they do something like this with Gears 4, it'll be tempting.

Edited by Xbox

I had to contact Customer Support. It was no help. The set up is embarrassingly brutal. You can only change your Xbox Live email on a 360 (not on PC or Xbox One) and in doing that you can only change your email if it complies with a laundry list of rules which I apparently did not qualify for. The only advice was wait 30 days and try again because the fake account never logged into xbox before which required a 30 day wait.

Ultimately I had no choice but to just change my PSN email to my old email so I could link my accounts. Took 2 mins to change that email xD

I had to contact Customer Support. It was no help. The set up is embarrassingly brutal. You can only change your Xbox Live email on a 360 (not on PC or Xbox One) and in doing that you can only change your email if it complies with a laundry list of rules which I apparently did not qualify for. The only advice was wait 30 days and try again because the fake account never logged into xbox before which required a 30 day wait.

Ultimately I had no choice but to just change my PSN email to my old email so I could link my accounts. Took 2 mins to change that email xD

Microsoft's security bs is extremely frustrating, isn't it? I remember they made me verify so many stupid things just for downloading a free game. They're too overprotective, and they know it as well because the notification literally says "Call us over protective". If you just do it on the Xbox its fine, but I like downloading games from my computer and they make it a real pain in the ass. I had your problem in 2007 but it was simple to fix, if I had to do it now? Well lets just say Im happy i don't have your problem today lol.

As far as customer service goes, I really do like Microsofts. Every time I called they treat me well and even talk to me about games when the transaction or whatever is being processed. Only customer service centres I really have an issue with is Apple, Sony, Bell and Rogers. I have products from 3/4 as well (minus Rogers).

Edited by Xbox

• 5 weeks later...

Tomb Raider will be free as a part of "Games with Gold" starting tomorrow (September 16). If you haven't played it, I highly recommend it!

Thanks for the warning - although I loathe all the Tomb Raider games having been put off them thanks to the original 1+2 :lol:

Good to see a big game for free rather than the indie rubbish they keep putting up. Child of Light must be the most over-rated game I've ever played.

Thanks for the warning - although I loathe all the Tomb Raider games having been put off them thanks to the original 1+2 :lol:

Good to see a big game for free rather than the indie rubbish they keep putting up. Child of Light must be the most over-rated game I've ever played.

Haha Fair enough, no game is for everyone. It has changed a lot though. If you've played Last of Us or Uncharted and enjoyed them, I'd recommend giving it a second shot.

• 1 month later...

Without getting in a ps4 vs xbox battle here, do you guys think it would be worth it to get an xbox one while keeping my ps4? Im not up to date on the exclusives on xbox

Only if there's an exclusive you must have.

^ Basically. Do you NEED Halo/Forza/GOW? If not it's probably not worth it...

Without getting in a ps4 icks xbox battle here, do you guys think it would be worth it to get an xbox one while keeping my ps4? Im not up to date on the exclusives on xbox

If you dont know which exclusives Xbox has to offer, then just do yourself a favour and stick with the PS4. I have both and they're pretty much identical aside from exclusives. 

Edited by Xbox

Without getting in a ps4 vs xbox battle here, do you guys think it would be worth it to get an xbox one while keeping my ps4? Im not up to date on the exclusives on xbox

Had my ps4 since day 1, and sold it about a month and a half ago and bought an xbox1.  Best decision I ever made.  I was a 360 guy and pre-ordered an x1 on launch but cancelled it and got the ps4 from my friends influence.

Never really looked forward or enjoyed playing PS4. Love the xbox stick layout on the controller and feels much more comfortable in the hands.  Much more useful apps  and much simpler interface.  And most of all Xbox Live is years ahead of PS Plus.

Also Forza 6 is an xbox exclusive and that made me want an xbox as well.  Graphics are insane.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update coming today.

backwards compatibility will be available although the list of games doesn't look too great.

that crap list is just the games available at launch, they are going to add a lot more to the list. Any of the new games with gold for the 360 will be backwards compatible as well. EA's Twitter also said that ea access is working on adding 360 games to the vault, which would be awesome! 

Agreed.

It's slow too. My fricken PS3 boots up faster than it.

Im in preview so I got the dashboard early. I was excited it was going to fix glitches, but it just suffers more problems, glitches, lag ect. I havent played my X1 since getting it.

Why do they have to over complicate stuff. PS4 dash is so simple and no stupid glitches. 

Edited by Xbox