The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Video Game Franchise Tournament - Mario Division

Master Mind

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time for this tournament to begin!

My picks/reasoning:

100px-0,700,0,700-Super_Mario_Bros_3_-_North_American_Boxart.png

Mario easily. Most iconic franchise and has done more for the industry than any other. The face of gaming should have no trouble with this one.

7888133_100.jpg

Bioshock. Even though I don't think it's as good as what most people say, the games are still fun to play. Good plot twists.

halflife2personalcomputus.jpg.png

Half-Life. 2 of the greatest FPS games have come from this franchise.

streetfighter2.jpg

Street Fighter. When people think fighting games, they think Street Fighter, and for good reason.

Half Life is the foundation on which FPS were built. It is the absolute pinnacle of artistic achievement in gaming.

Lens flare and brown-field 4 doesn't hold a candle to it.

It wasn't the foundation, that would go to games like Wolfenstein and Doom, but Half Life was innovative in its own ways and definitely improved the FPS genre.

Mario - I grew up on Super Mario World. Those old school games were some of the best platformers of all time

Bioshock - haven't played too much of either, but I've been impressed with what I've seen of Bioshock's atmosphere

Battlefield - because 1942 and BF2 were amazing. Such huge open battlefields to wage war in so many different ways. Later games have been forgettable in my eyes, though.

Elder Scrolls - I sunk hundreds of hours into Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim and I don't think I even scratched the surface of what those massive and beautiful games had to offer.

If you were to ask some old lady out on the street what her favourite Elder Scrolls game was, she would look at you like you were crazy.

But that same old lady could tell you every character in Street Fighter 2 and demonstrate their best moves.

Archived