The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Bieksa wins by domination!

TheRussianRocket.

yes so lets trade burrows lets trade bieksa lets trade everyone! weren't people yelling about trading hammer a while back? now booth is a superstar?

there are alot of 15 yr old bipolar adolescents on here who troll, get angry after losses and bitch, act like we'll win the cup after we beat ottawa 5-2.

seriously go read the pgt from the ottawa game and read todays and you'll see the bipolar fans i am talking about same people saying great things then bitching the next day

sports teams dont WIN EVERY GAME MAN..and sometimes they are bad losses

did we have a stinker? yes

are we inconsistent this year? yes

did we know going into this year it was likely a transition year because mg fails to make good moves? to knowledgable hockey fans - yes

does this mean we should trade one of the most consistent players on our team because of a bad start? No thats called panicking, stupidity and short sightedness.

does a few good games by Booth all of a sudden mean he's a 30 goal man? lol..no

see buddy - ya burr is struggling, but if you know anything about hockey you'd know he's clearly not 'done' - why? his wheels are there, he's getting a TON of chances (and this is always the sign, chances. if a player isn't getting them, then he's not doing the small things right, if he is, he's fine its just time), he's playing well defensively and still a key part of the leadership of this team

the 'reactionary' flaming of vancouver fans is sickening, shows a lack of hockey knowledge and is plain embarassing. Are there players than need to be moved, of course but the piling on a player who has done nothing but work his ass off for this team for 8 years and who's simply having a tough season is pure stupidity.

WTF? When did I say trade Burrows? You're making sh*t up people are saying to sound intelligent when in reality you are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.... NO ONE is saying Burrows is a bad player or to trade him.... You are pulling that out of your ass. He's playing decent, but not scoring and therefore not helping the team. This is his biggest slump of his career and fans have every right to be concerned and criticize him for it. It's a business.... the fans who pay money to go see these guys, buy their jerseys, and endure years of losing deserve to be upset with the product.

Burrows is in a slump. He's slumping when the team needs offense and people are frustrated... and should damn well be.. To call people "15 year old bipolar adolescents" when you're likely around the same age and have likely started watching the team during the 2011 cup run is foolish.... You need to understand, again, that this is a BUSINESS. Fans go to the games and expect the Canucks to put their best product on the ice and win. Yes, sometimes you don't win, and fans get upset, but when you're losing like we are and out of a playoff spot when this team has made the playoffs for the most part in the last 10 years, people have every right to be worried... If everyone was just praising every player regardless of how he's doing, this board would have absolutely NO discussion.

So before you go and insult TRUE fans of this team who have sat through years of supporting this team and coming up short, think it over to yourself and understand that being a cheerleader makes you look more "casual" than a true fan like you say you are. People want this team to win and Mike Gillis has taken a step backwards with this team since 2011. This team used to be very good and EVERY line clicked. You know the reason for that? They played as a TEAM. They had exactly the right mix of players and Gillis was brainwashed by the Boston model and decided to make unnecessary changes.

We are seeing the result of those changes on the ice right now and they are simply not impressing.

Hey Todd bertuzzi USED to be really good for us too, maybe we should trade for him?

What have you done for me lately, or even inn the last 20 games

--------

If you want to tell me burr gets a chance because he's putting in the effort then fine I can respect that. The moment you start bring up 8yrs of history is when you sound rediculous

:picard:

wow...i don't think there are even words for trolls like you

WTF? When did I say trade Burrows? You're making sh*t up people are saying to sound intelligent when in reality you are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.... NO ONE is saying Burrows is a bad player or to trade him.... You are pulling that out of your ass.

You didn't. I seem to remember someone earlier saying to trade him to Montreal.

WTF? When did I say trade Burrows? You're making sh*t up people are saying to sound intelligent when in reality you are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.... NO ONE is saying Burrows is a bad player or to trade him.... You are pulling that out of your ass. He's playing decent, but not scoring and therefore not helping the team. This is his biggest slump of his career and fans have every right to be concerned and criticize him for it. It's a business.... the fans who pay money to go see these guys, buy their jerseys, and endure years of losing deserve to be upset with the product.

Burrows is in a slump. He's slumping when the team needs offense and people are frustrated... and should damn well be.. To call people "15 year old bipolar adolescents" when you're likely around the same age and have likely started watching the team during the 2011 cup run is foolish.... You need to understand, again, that this is a BUSINESS. Fans go to the games and expect the Canucks to put their best product on the ice and win. Yes, sometimes you don't win, and fans get upset, but when you're losing like we are and out of a playoff spot when this team has made the playoffs for the most part in the last 10 years, people have every right to be worried... If everyone was just praising every player regardless of how he's doing, this board would have absolutely NO discussion.

So before you go and insult TRUE fans of this team who have sat through years of supporting this team and coming up short, think it over to yourself and understand that being a cheerleader makes you look more "casual" than a true fan like you say you are. People want this team to win and Mike Gillis has taken a step backwards with this team since 2011. This team used to be very good and EVERY line clicked. You know the reason for that? They played as a TEAM. They had exactly the right mix of players and Gillis was brainwashed by the Boston model and decided to make unnecessary changes.

We are seeing the result of those changes on the ice right now and they are simply not impressing.

dude you're bitching at me for barking at people saying burrows should be moved

by implication that means you agree

in addition i have highlighted your insults yet you are suggesting i am an adolescent lol

i think you proved me right...

and by the way, i'm no cheerleader but i don't act like I am 4 and someone just stole my soother when the canucks lose

if you are as knowledgable as you say, you would have known what to expect this year without mg making serious moves, inconsistency

and if you are a 'paying' fan and you're sooo upset every game don't pay, don't go...simple

Well people are saying they want him in the pressbox. Considering he's playing well, they're underrating him. Same with Weise.

Underrated? Fine.

Most underrated? No.

Most underrated all season? Absolutely not.

Bolded is what the original comment said. Discussing whether or not Sestito is "underrated" in general is a different discussion altogether.

Its equivalent to saying Booth has been the best goal scorer all season because he's put up the most goals in the last 2 games.

Edit: Spelling

I just wish they'd stop putting Kassian in a position that exposes his weaknesses and inexperience rather than in one that highlights his strengths. He's an offensive player, let him play for an extended time with some offensive players so he can build some confidence. Its not like they have anything to lose at this point. They'll be out of any playoff hunt by January anyway......give the kid a chance I say.

The Great, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

The Great

Another PPG

Booth scored again

Santorelli continues to shine as a 2C

Bieksa has mastered the art of throwing punches

The Good

Despite being clearly frustrated Burrows is still PLAYING well

PK is still really strong

Torts didn't let Lu get shelled, pulled him even though it wasn't quite his fault

Lack looked alright

The Bad

Lu let in 3 and got pulled. Can't really blame him for the goals, not a lot of Goalies could make those saves.

Kassians penalty, took the stride right out of his game.

Defense was slow

The Ugly

Edler

Canucks looked slow tonight compared to the Rangers.

getting sick of this excuse

Canucks need to start burying some chances. Too many stupid passing plays. This isn't new, this has been happening all season.

It's frustrating because on top of their scoring problems they also screw up the PK.

They won't beat Carolina playing this way.

Its not how they play as much as how they don't finish. For the most part they are doing a good job defensively, in generating shots and in getting secondary scoring but their lack of NHL caliber scorers in the top 6 is letting them down. The Sedins combined for 3 shots and were minus players on the night. Edler continues to be a defensive liability and is now -14. These are the guys that get the big ice-time to be difference makers and night after night they are not getting the job done.

Bieksa put some work in at the end. Highlight of the game.

Booth and Sestito did their roles. Can't say the same for the rest of the team (although I will be the first to admit I lost interest in the 2nd even though we've been battling back it was obvious we were dumping this game).

Post of the year

finished trolling?

Haha I'm trolling? I'm simply defending the many people you've called an "idiot" and "dufus" for having a different opinion than you. The team is sucking right now and needs changes..... simple as that. If secondary scorers aren't scoring goals when the Sedins are shut down then it's a problem. This team has blown out a depleted Columbus roster and a struggling Ottawa team whos goalie had a very bad game. This team has had ONE win against a Sharks team that was without a few key players but beat us the other times they've played us. Not good enough.. This team is NOT good enough to compete with the teams in our division.

Nice could have got more air but good effort after a fight on skates. I'm coming around on Bieksa. Guy you love to have on your team. I forget that sometimes.

I was thinking of wearing my #55 Road Jersey tomorrow, (no, not S O'B), but I think I'll just be ludicrous, and wear my Juice home jersey.

Archived