The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] NHL Team 4-0 AHL Team

JE14

Sportsnet is weighing in on facebook now.

And the Canuck Witchunt continues.

Saw that. One step forward, three back.

W/E. We have Torts to offset it now. This isn't the opera...guys chirp, guys get hurt...it's called hockey. A non event and we should all already have moved on. Sticks and stones stuff.

Nobody on this board or anyone commenting on the situation was on the ice when Kassian made that gesture so I'm not sure why so many of you are drawing conclusions with such certainty.

If he was mocking Gagner's jaw protection, so be it, he shouldn't be doing that, but none of you know exactly what was going on down there so stop acting like you do.

OK, so let's have it. Copy/paste, then we'll decide?

Because, until you do, got nothin.

Gazdic's fuzz (or, perhaps as some are now pointing out, chinstrap), that's what he was chirping. But yeah, it makes much more of a story the other way.

Just watched it twice. Sorry Deb. Gazdic is off to Kassian's left while Kassian is directly looking at the oilers bench. On the bench is a player I'm not sure of and right beside him is Gagne. It very much looks like his is addressing Gagne and his jaw protection.

The most shocking thing of all is all the uproar from the bandwagon Oiler fans, which implies they watched the entire game even when their losers were down 3 zip with a minute to go. I guess they were hoping for some of their pattened 'given up goonery.' Good job by the sebras to prevent it from happening. :)

As for Kass, I'm proud of him either way - no matter who he was mocking. Guy is showing some quick retorts from the slagging he gets from opposing goons. Hope he pounds away on that new goon from the Oilers the next time they play. Hit em up!

Just watched it twice. Sorry Deb. Gazdic is off to Kassian's left while Kassian is directly looking at the oilers bench. On the bench is a player I'm not sure of and right beside him is Gagne. It very much looks like his is addressing Gagne and his jaw protection.

I don't see that.

Oh my god who cares. Players are chirping in hockey? Wow. What a suprise. I am thoroughly shocked at this.

This

Like holy crap people, it's not like he was insulting a hospitalized kid, or throwing out racists comments. Chirping goes on every game. I remember taking a stick in my face getting stitches and a broken nose in a playoff game a few years ago. I had to wear a full visor the next game and I think i heard the beaks from the entire team.

Kesler makes a personal comment about someones wife and everyone thinks he's the man

Kassian makes a gesture to gagner broken jaw and "everyone looses their minds"

It's just you and Nuck Twit and the usual cynics realists. :rolleyes:

Kass completely ignores the bench and Gagne doesn't say a word to him, barely even looks in his direction. It's pretty clear he's not the subject of conversation.

The Edmonton Oilers remind me of Viseryes Targaryan: always reliving past victories, threatening to start a new dynasty, but invariably angering armies of horse lords and going up in spectacular flames.

"City of champions" to "City of first round picks"

Kass WAS chirping Gagner, and considering the run by from Perron/Gagner, he was justified in getting a chirp off. Kass clearly was stating 'what's that (point to chin area)", mocking Gagner's facial protection. I don't even care that he did it, this is the guy we've wanted for ages, it's this kind of sociopath we were largely missing in the Bruins final, where snark and goonery won over skill and wit.

Kass might be a sociopath, but he's OUR sociopath, and I'm happy to have a guy that actually enjoys the physical component of the game.

To me it definitely looked like he was targeting Gagner because otherwise the gesture doesn't make sense. I like that he was doing that. We have enough nice classy guys on our team who are treated like trash by other teams, so I welcome the a**hole behaviour by the few on our team to offset it.

Archived