The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Canucks Injury Thread

Blueberries

EDIT 2: Anyone have anything they can add about how Schroeder looked last night in his first game with Utica?

Picked up a point last night, didn't in the 1-0 OT win on friday. I didn't go to either of the games but from what I heard he was playing some pretty quality hockey

I watched the Fri night Utica game (online, not in person) and Schroeder seemed to get noticeably better as it went on. Without looking up stats, he also seemed to do very well on faceoffs. So, good signs I think.

Fair enough. I've been waiting to see if they extend his conditioning stint or if he comes up to play with the Canucks.

And on Schroeder (from yesterday):

Ann Schmaltz@annschmaltz

Sullivan confirms Jordan Schroeder will be an option tomorrow. He played well with Utica this weekend. #Canucks

He's back!

The Canucks have a picture of Santo with some fans on their Instagram account.

Didn't see a sling or anything

This is why it's taking longer to determine how long he'll be out. It's not so serious that he can't even move it, but bad enough that he'd be playing with pain if he came back. What that means for what the actual injury is, I don't know, but he'll have limited mobility at least.

Really hopes Schroeder gets another weekend in the AHL, even though we could use him right now. First, to get some confidence back, two to really gets in a groves, otherwise he'll just come here and if he doesn't produce in his first 2 games will be relegated to 3-4th line duty quickly.

I personally would've preferred Schroeder to have a longer conditioning stint, i feel this is a little bit rushed bringing him back this early.

Agreed in the abstract but this is a time when he can actually have a chance to play in the top six with Hank down, so I'm glad to see him jump in. We need to see how Schroeder looks in a 2C role on this team. Not that I expect him to start there (3C is way more likely until Dalpe cools off). But we need to see what he can do with some quality linemates.

Yup, there's an opportunity for him currently and as a creative offensive player he's even more useful. He wanted to play even before getting sent to Utica, so I don't think there's any issue with him not being fit or lacking confidence.

Which means he could probably do a hank and get away with it maybe and risk further injury, depending on the severity of the injury I would like no surgery. I'm saying that based on the fact that surgery I'm assuming would take him out for a large majority of the rest of the season if not all of it.

Archived