The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dane Fox | LW/C

Go Go Canucks Go

You don't have to reinvent the wheel to be successful, taking from Detroit's development model while finding the best mix of players to have success in the NHL is our own path. We didn't go full retard and flip to the big, bad Bruins model of play or else we never would have re-signed the Sedins. We did however try and balance our skilled line up with more size, speed and youth while retaining as much skill as possible, but I see no moves other than Sestito that even hint at that (and even then he's more skilled than a lot of knuckle draggers out there).

Dane Fox fits the bill of a 200' player that can add skill to our line up, but we aren't suddenly going to turn into Columbus or the Islanders and throw every eligible player into the mix and hope they can swim.

like this post, Elvis.

^ Cheers! B) (plusses are free you know!)

People take things ultra literally around here far too often:

"Gillis said 'Bold Moves' so everything from here on in has to be bold!"

"Gillis said he wants the Detroit model so everything they do every has become our new mantra!"

^ Cheers! B) (plusses are free you know!)

People take things ultra literally around here far too often:

"Gillis said 'Bold Moves' so everything from here on in has to be bold!"

"Gillis said he wants the Detroit model so everything they do every has become our new mantra!"

I only post on mobile. Sorry, bro. But now who will be around to draft this pick. It's a big one!

I don't get that game.

I just think it to bad that a lot people on hear think it ludicrous to think a Canuck rookie could make the team let alone be in the running for the Calder and hear are two unkown's doing it.

It's just that we haven't had a young rookie make the team since Pavel, I guess that is what has created the doubter's.

At least Gillis has left us with at least 5 promising young rookies beyond Jensen.

Anybody ever hear of Ondrej Palat or Tyler Johnson, just bringing it up because they are number 2 and 3 in the Calder race behind only McKinnon.

They are both 23 year old rookies, just more proof you don't have to be a top 5 pick to make it big time.

Fox as a 21 year old next year could do it to.

Palat and Johnson both spent time in the AHL under their current coach. Situations a but different.

I only post on mobile. Sorry, bro. But now who will be around to draft this pick. It's a big one!

Haha, no worries. Perhaps we'll find out tomorrow?

Anybody ever hear of Ondrej Palat or Tyler Johnson, just bringing it up because they are number 2 and 3 in the Calder race behind only McKinnon.

They are both 23 year old rookies, just more proof you don't have to be a top 5 pick to make it big time.

Fox as a 21 year old next year could do it to.

Just because it can happen doesn't increase the likelihood that it will in any way for Fox. It'll be a stretch for him to make the team, let alone compete for the Calder.

You are talking about the good drafting by the Red Wings or the slow cocking the Red Wings like to do for their prospects?

I think our draft definitely sucks compared to the Red Wings. However, I think the slow cooking of the prospects by the Red Wings is a good strategy to let the players develop their game slowly and not rushed into NHL like RNH or Brule.

I`ve seen a few rookie hazing rituals in my day but this caused me to do a serious double take lol

Just because it can happen doesn't increase the likelihood that it will in any way for Fox. It'll be a stretch for him to make the team, let alone compete for the Calder.

This

Fox should play in Utica and earn a callup if he can. If he turns out to be the next Palat great, but let him develop before heaping expectations on him.

I like.

I always find it interesting how this organization talks about emulating other ones.

Well sometimes you need to man up and carve you're own freakin path! Stop looking at what makes other people successful and make your own success! We are not Detroit, or Boston, or LA, or Anahiem, or anyone else!

We are the Canucks and until we make our own plan and execute it, we will be one step behind.

Leaders lead for a reason, because they believe what they're doing is the right way to do it regardless of nay sayers. If they are right they're a genius, if not they're a fool.

Time to see which one we are.

Agreed.

News1130 Sports@News1130Sports

Talked with Erie Otters coach Kris Knoblauch about #Canucks top prospects Brendan Gaunce and Dane Fox this morning.

Torts said ystday the #Canucks need to get younger - Knoblauch says Gaunce and Fox will play in the NHL - not immediately but someday.

Knoblauch says Fox has been great in playoffs where checking is tighter and he gets more attention because he is high scorer.

do you know if those guys put out podcasts or sound files of their interviews?

couldn't find anything on their website and I wouldn't mind hearing that one

No idea. I just follow them on twitter and I haven't seen any reference to podcasts or audio links ever.

Archived