The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dane Fox | LW/C

Go Go Canucks Go

I saw the highlights for game 2.

And not that it really matters since they gave up 7 goals, but Fox made a really bad play that led to the first goal.

The Storm were on the PP and the puck was passed up to the point, Fox went out to cover the point & take away the shooting lane, the Dman passed it back to the winger on the half boards, and rather than move back into the box to keep the winger to the outside Fox continued on and tried to hit the D man after the puck was gone, leaving the winger with a wide open chance to cut into the slot & and he scored.

I saw the highlights for game 2.

And not that it really matters since they gave up 7 goals, but Fox made a really bad play that led to the first goal.

The Storm were on the PP and the puck was passed up to the point, Fox went out to cover the point & take away the shooting lane, the Dman passed it back to the winger on the half boards, and rather than move back into the box to keep the winger to the outside Fox continued on and tried to hit the D man after the puck was gone, leaving the winger with a wide open chance to cut into the slot & and he scored.

Stuff like that is easily taught. Erie got blown away in this series (though they did stave off elimination last night) and a big reason seems to be that they were so good that they didn't bother having much of a system in place.

Stuff like that is easily taught. Erie got blown away in this series (though they did stave off elimination last night) and a big reason seems to be that they were so good that they didn't bother having much of a system in place.

Ya seems like a microcosm of why they are losing.

I'm not worried about it long term with him, positioning problems can be corrected (and will have to be), just thought I'd point it out.

Just checked the playoff bracket. Both our teams are getting spanked haha. Seems to be a common theme this year... Oh well, get out and enjoy the summer my fellow canucks fans, she came early this year.

London is still in the cup

• 2 months later...

Curious too see how he turns out.

My guess is in Utica this year.

Other than Kalamazoo, Utica is the only other destination for the kid so yeah, good guess. My estimation is two full seasons in the A and id he is ppg then we should be excited!

If he's going to be a scorer in the NHL he should put up close to .7 points per game in his first AHL season. That will put him in a very good class of prospects.

Realistically if he puts up .5 PPG he could be a tweener checking / scoring role.

Archived