The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Trades Brewing around Carolina

Not much besides Lindholm or Skinner to get all excited about on Carolina. Somehow I don't see them as available, or us having assets we can afford to give up which would attract them. Maybe Gleason, but where would he fit?

Or in the cap dump category. Jensen, a 2knd and Booth (they do need wingers!) for Semin. They retain $1.2 mill in salary per year... Cannot see myself offering something more tangible for Alex like Edler, nor do i see a reason why he would waive his NTC to go there.

Side note; Rutherford replaced Dalpe in his prospect pool in the Nemisz deal...

Kypreos just tweeted this:

Gleason would actually be a solid addition to the Leafs. Wasn't there speculation he was gonna be traded once he was healthy?

Phaneuf - Gunnarsson

Gleason - Gardiner

Rielly - Franson

Say what you want but that's not a bad defence at all.

Gleason would actually be a solid addition to the Leafs. Wasn't there speculation he was gonna be traded once he was healthy?

Phaneuf - Gunnarsson

Gleason - Gardiner

Rielly - Franson

Say what you want but that's not a bad defence at all.

I like Gleason's toughness.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

TOR prospect going to CAR with J-M Liles for Gleason is defenceman Dennis Robertson, 6th round pick in 2011 draft.

Sounds like a good deal for TO. They have too many puck movers and Liles wasn't getting any ice time there. Gleason gives them a solid shutdown guy to take some pressure off Phaneuf.

Archived