The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Which Canuck Needs Surgery?

Strombone1

It's been reported by the Province here that there is a Canuck playing through an injury that needs surgery.

I was told there is a Canuck playing through a long-term injury which probably needs surgery, but it’s not Kesler.

I assume they haven't told Botch who it is or he'd be the first to report the name but it makes you wonder...

Could it be Bieksa's abdominal problem?

Tanev has been absorbing a lot of hits lately.

Could it be Garrison? He's been quiet lately.

Or could it be a Sedin? it seems like they're MIA.

Who's underperforming and still in the lineup?

Top choices off the top of my head:

H. Sedin

D. Sedin

Hamhuis

Garrison

Bieksa

I'm going with Hammer.

Hamhuis is playing 30 minutes a night. Don't think it's him.

It could be Bieksa's abdominal problem or it could be a Sedin in my opinion.

Hamhuis is playing 30 minutes a night. Don't think it's him.

It could be Bieksa's abdominal problem or it could be a Sedin in my opinion.

He's been playing big minutes, but he hasn't looked like his usual self doing it.

My second guess would be D. Sedin. He has just looked off of late.

Daniel Sedin, Arm Hip or Hand

Edler: Back surgery (yikes)

Burrows: Jaw Hand or foot

Most likely candidates unless it IS Kesler from that bump last night in which case it is Jaw.

Either way one of our forwards going down gives us a chance to see Grenier or Archie in the line up. Maybe if it is Daniel we can see Hank start scoring some goals again

Daniel Sedin, Arm Hip or Hand

Edler: Back surgery (yikes)

Burrows: Jaw Hand or foot

Most likely candidates unless it IS Kesler from that bump last night in which case it is Jaw.

Either way one of our forwards going down gives us a chance to see Grenier or Archie in the line up. Maybe if it is Daniel we can see Hank start scoring some goals again

I don't think it's Burrows or Edler because they're not playing.

I'd love to know the details. I can't imagine a surgery that would keep a player out for 4 months until the playoffs start. At least not one that a guy could play through.

Not 100% sure, but didn't Jason Spezza have surgery that kept him out almost the entire season + first round?

He's been playing big minutes, but he hasn't looked like his usual self doing it.

My second guess would be D. Sedin. He has just looked off of late.

He had 2 hip checks last game.... I don't think Hamhuis would do that if he was injured

IMO its probably H.Sedin his been off the mmark the last few weeks and doesnt seem himself

Other than Henrik im thinking Garrison has been slow not physical with other players.

Whoever it is tho i hope they go get surgery before they make it worst and then are out much longer

Well I hope they get it soon instead of straining it. I just want them to be back come playoff time. I hope we can still make it without whoever it is. I would assume it is a deafenceman though. Makes sense that they woud want to try and fight through it until either Stanton or Edler come back. Preferably both.

Archived