The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cheating in Relationships

dank.sinatra

funny, you talk about being a moral person in another thread pertaining to sex, and then you come out with this crap. I see you pick and choose what "morals" you adhere to to suit your needs.

You've got it all wrong. There's a difference between extensive/exciting sidework and pre-marital sex genius. :picard:

So someone doing it would be not a nice guy? What's wrong with calling them out as an asshole, then?

Semantics

Clearly you know nothing about how sampling biases can affect surveys. And OF COURSE one research paper proves everything.

Coming from a bio major lol. don't lecture the guy who has actually taken upper level statistics classes. Making yourself look like a fool.

Point is if you think 99% of people think cheating is wrong then we wouldn't have so many damn cheaters now would we HoHo? Go friggen figure Right!

Have you seen Fatal Attraction?

LOL, sometimes those one nighters you think you're having turn into a whole lot more.

Who am I to judge?....if you're both ok with it, all the power to you. But my guess is eventually someone does get hurt...whether it be you, your girl or the one night stand who's looking for more. Tangled web stuff.

I've never cheated but when my old bf came back into the picture from England I was in the process of breaking it off with another guy. I knew it was going to hurt him to dump him so I dragged it out but I just hadn't ever got over the first guy when he left the country. So I prolonged the break up and was still officially "with" the guy when I resumed things with my ex. I felt really bad, but it was already "over" in my mind, I knew he wasn't the one...just had a really hard time ending it with him. So technically it was cheating, but it wasn't that I was trying to work both situations...I knew I'd checked out but didn't have the heart to actually do it. I dreaded having to tell the guy I was breaking it off, he was such a nice guy but I just wasn't fully invested and my ex was "the one". Didn't expect him to return and had my heart broken when he left.

Your situation seems a lot more casual and detached. Mine was more putting off the inevitable and I'd tried to move on and settle for someone else, but realized it wasn't going to work for me.

Coming from a bio major lol. don't lecture the guy who has actually taken upper level statistics classes. Making yourself look like a fool.

Point is if you think 99% of people think cheating is wrong then we wouldn't have so many damn cheaters now would we HoHo? Go friggen figure Right!

I don't think we can use stats on what proportion of people cheat as a proxy for what proportion think it's wrong. People are perfectly capable of doing something they think is wrong.

Yes there is pre-marital sex is fine cheating is not

Geeze sometimes you liberals really need things spelt out for you. If she doesn't find out about it it's not really cheating, especially if he enjoyed it and doesn't think it will affect his relationship.

You guys can't always be so rigid. Give the guy a break and wish for him to enjoy this upcoming beautiful weekend.

Geeze sometimes you liberals really need things spelt out for you. If she doesn't find out about it it's not really cheating, especially if he enjoyed it and doesn't think it will affect his relationship.

You guys can't always be so rigid. Give the guy a break and wish for him to enjoy this upcoming beautiful weekend.

Not liberal at all in fact . Lol thats like saying if I rob a bank but don't get caught it's not really armed robbery.

Not liberal at all in fact . Lol thats like saying if I rob a bank but don't get caught it's not really armed robbery.

Whatever Red, can we just all stop using the word 'cheating' to describe this delightful and life changing decision by the OP? And can some of you hypocrites stop telling the guy all these nasty things after he has gone through something like this?

Wait, what?

Archived