The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT]1 second

Blueberries

scored 3 goals and lost in ot seems like they have the firepower oh they scored 2 ppg who cares how the goals are scored they still scored 3 against Anahiem seems they have enough firepower injured probably would be better with a healthy team

we only had 20 shots, Hiller didn't have a great night that's why we scored 3 goals

If he was on his game and Lack didn't play as good as Luongo did against LA then Anaheim probalby would have won 8-1

Gillis has been here 6 years and the only player we can call up for injured players is a guy we signed this year? Pretty sad.

We now have a farm team but barely any depth that can make an impact.

He has no top 6 forward in the lineup that he drafted in the past 6 years and he also hasn't made a trade for one in the past 6 years wasting away the good years the Sedins had.

Now that we've secured MG's goal (some young guys > Dalpe, Stanton and Welsh), I dont have an issue with that. At the beginning of the year we did not have the roster spots available. Just got to tread carefully so we dont lose someone we want to keep.

Agreed again beginning of the season signing Gagne would of kicked somebody like Kass off the roster might not of don't the trade for Dalpe and Welsh and Stanton probably would of been claimed either way but we do need to get younger and I would say contrary to popular belief MG is doing his job well...Philli and NYR the teams to cheer if expect blockbuster deals being made everytime the team struggles

F**kin fair weather-fans! In the afterlife, you'll all be strapped tight to a a chair, & forced to view all this franchise's games of the '70s & '80s. Deserve some sort of "Clockwork Orange-therapy".

FTR, proud of this team; ashamed of 75-90% of these CDC "fans"..Think I'll take a little break from this nonsense-not worth the effort.

The Canucks weren't "expected" to accomplish anything back then - I know, I watched them.

Can't fall back on December wins all January. We're winless this month with 3 brutal efforts in a row.

This is the month that will make or break this team. With most of the other pacific teams winning all December, we can still fall out of the race pretty quickly.

guess what Minnesota Colorado Phoenix all capable of dropping out lets throw Vancouver in that group because that's probably where the Canucks will land in the standings

i get people look at the division and think how important it is to win and be in the top 3 spots but they quickly forget about the other teams in the conference and the fact there is only 14 teams and 8 spots easier to get in than the East 16 teams 8 spots

Well I'd be more bitter about this loss if it weren't for their obvious tiredness and their increasingly thin ranks. Their goaltending has been outstanding, and major kudos to Eddie Lack for keeping them in this game.

I think the Canucks either have to grow some of their draft picks into players or take a flyer on some projects to bolster their ranks.

Sounds similar to what he was asking the Leafs for Lui, so not sure I believe the reports.

But if true, he needs to be looking for quality, not quantity. I'd take a top prospect and a depth player rather than multiple bodies just to fill out our farm team.

If it is what he's asking, no wonder he can't make a trade.

It did sound like MG erred by trying to hit home runs with Lou and Edler. What he really has to do is evaluate what he has that is redundant, and make fair trades for things we need from that depth. I argued Edler was redundant when we re-signed him. One example being we could have just used that $5 mill in cap space and signed Filppula. Or made that deal, whatever it was, with Detroit cuz it include Brendon Smith who we could use in our system. He'll find trades that make sense easier if he accepts market value.

Another example; takes a risk drafting Horvat seeing the possibility he is a Bergeron / Kesler type. But frack's sakes, we have a Kesler type and desperately needed a Nichushkin.

we only had 20 shots, Hiller didn't have a great night that's why we scored 3 goals

If he was on his game and Lack didn't play as good as Luongo did against LA then Anaheim probalby would have won 8-1

hypotheticals are fun like if Garrison iced the puck this team might of had 2 points instead of one if Bieksa didn't try to block the tying goal team might have 2 points instead of one so on and so on

He has no top 6 forward in the lineup that he drafted in the past 6 years and he also hasn't made a trade for one in the past 6 years wasting away the good years the Sedins had.

Sestito was in our top 6. That's all that needs to be said.

I've liked his play alot lately, but come on! Our depth is so thin that a fourth liner is the only guy that can move up to our second line?

If Gillis isn't working the phones hard right now, he better be searching the help wanted ads.

Archived