The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis silent while Canucks need him most (Bold moves my ass)

Jamaicanice

And you missed mine. If you were great by fluke once in the past, it shouldn't give you a free pass forever. EI; the Lou situation....embarrassing the poor guy, then having such a high price on a guy, agreeing with AV on the Hodgson issue was gross too & last but not least what he turned down from kenny Holland, then demanded for Edler.

I think he was once respected, but is not at all anymore. I think Gilman would have a job instantly, Gillis would get one again...but probably not anytime soon

You "think" he was once respected........Do you know the other GMs around the league...?....Sounds like speculation to me...Why don't you just say you don't like MG.

I should just go back and occasionally quote my previous posts in this thread that answer all the repeated bullcrap arguments people are making to try and support their idea that Gillis is a terrible GM...

..nah, can't change the minds of people who really don't want to listen. Go ahead and rant people, get it out of your system until the next time.

You should just get a new thread pinned with all your views on hot topics. That way the rest of us won't have to waste our time on this board all day. In fact yeah, there should only be one thread on this entire site

elvis15: The Correct View of Canucks Hockey

- you don't need to think just study this guide - guaranteed 99.9% accurate

You should just get a new thread pinned with all your views on hot topics. That way the rest of us won't have to waste our time on this board all day. In fact yeah, there should only be one thread on this entire site

You could post it for me, you saw many of my posts here and how they explained away most of the common complaints. I need an assistant anyway - make that an unpaid intern.

You could post it for me, you saw many of my posts here and how they explained away most of the common complaints. I need an assistant anyway - make that an unpaid intern.

I know them all.

This sounds like an excellent opportunity. :)

I know them all.

This sounds like an excellent opportunity. :)

Great idea! Get on it DB ;)

I like to wonder what some of these NTC dmen would fetch at the deadline, not going to happen but you have to figure some teams would pay a decent price for 1 or 2 of them.

I'm on the youth wagon, I want to start seeing some of these vets traded, not saying blow it up but moving a couple core players out for some picks and prospects is something I'd like to see. Yeah you might miss the playoff next season but at least as a fan you have a up swing to cheer for. If you look at the roster impartially this team is not getting better, it just doesn't have enough of those younger players rolling in at that 20-25 age group to take over for the vets, the last 1st rounder selected by the Canucks playing on this team is Ryan Kesler from back in 2003, that just seems like crazyness.

This team is weak no chance for competing in this division, I actually wouldn't even care if we blew it up. Just hope we don't become the cgy flames 2.0. Why do the Sedins always lose pick battles it's getting kind of sad actually how they always seem to lose them.

Unfortunatly Gillis made huge mistakes getting guys who did not pan out. Wasting picks on Pahlsson and Roy. But who could replace him, Burke mabey

Pfft, hindsight man, CDC is angry and wanted a rental, Gillis got a rental, rental doesn't pan out, CDC is angry at Gillis for getting a rental...

GM is an unforgiving job

Yes, the current iteration of the Canucks is struggling and CDC is an 'I WANT IT NOW, DAMNIT' fanbase, however I'm still not sold that Gillis is the worst GM ever.

Gillis is playing the long game with this team, which might mean that they won't be better than a 7/8 seed this year. Like everything, being successful in hockey is cyclical, the key is to keep the downtime between upswings to a minimum a la Detroit. Gillis hasn't signed any handcuffing contracts and with a buyout of Booth, the Canucks will have LOTs of cap space to upgrade the roster for the next 2-3 years, which will coincide with some recent draft picks making the big club and having a positive impact.

Pfft, hindsight man, CDC is angry and wanted a rental, Gillis got a rental, rental doesn't pan out, CDC is angry at Gillis for getting a rental...

GM is an unforgiving job

Pretty much, it's like they get mad at him for not listening to CDC and then get mad at him for thinking he listened to CDC.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

Which big trade did Gillis miss out on?

And since almost EVERY team is looking for a top-6 forward, you'll need to list AT LEAST a half-dozen of them to prove anything.

You might need to clarify that for the Gillis haters. What did he miss out on through inaction on his part, that wasn't a massive overpayment or required pieces we didn't have available to move?

"Oh but Weber/Doan/Schultz..." The Canucks were serious contenders to land them. Don't think those are reasons to slag Gillis.

You might need to clarify that for the Gillis haters. What did he miss out on through inaction on his part, that wasn't a massive overpayment or required pieces we didn't have available to move?

"Oh but Weber/Doan/Schultz..." The Canucks were serious contenders to land them. Don't think those are reasons to slag Gillis.

Even if you include overpayment (Clarkson, Parise) and lacking required pieces (Ryan, Eriksson), you'll still have a pretty short list.

Not many impact players move teams each year, plain and simple. And the few that do have multiple suitors.

Archived