The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Everything Bitcoin Thread

IMO bitcoin will just faze out like tulip mania... it’s way too volatile and unstable to be considered a currency... it first needs to be stabilized. 

Having said that crypto currencies are the future, just not bitcoin. 

I hope eltherum is the future and will learn from bitcoins mistakes. 

20 hours ago, drummer4now said:

IMO bitcoin will just faze out like tulip mania... it’s way too volatile and unstable to be considered a currency... it first needs to be stabilized. 

Having said that crypto currencies are the future, just not bitcoin. 

I hope eltherum is the future and will learn from bitcoins mistakes. 

which mistakes exactly?

On 10/31/2017 at 5:03 PM, HI5 said:

:lol: i have no idea what I got myself into...

Apparently coinbase is a crappy bitcoin exchange for Canadians now cause they don't allow withdrawals anymore.

So I'll be needing a new exchange to buy and have to find a wallet to store the coins in. 

if yer still stuck with bitcoin on coinbase...you can transfer it to GDAX, their sister exchange for free...then send to Quad or Binance from there for withdrawl or further trading.

coinbase is not good for canadians wanting bitcoin....unless you also have a gdax account.

ive used coinbase for small CC purchases of ETH then send from there to Binance to trade for alt coins....really quick but you pay 3.99% for CC funding.

ideally Quad is a better option if yer trying to fund with actual CAD via interac online.

cibc customers are less fortunate cause cibc doesnt have interac online....RBC seems best bet there.

Quad is probably the most trusted but has long wait times to verify atm....and they disabled e-transfer.

Edited by Toni Zamboni
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2017 at 12:49 PM, Toni Zamboni said:

all aboard the XRP express!

I bought 2k worth while it was at .60

Wish I had thrown in more but all my investment funds are tied up atm. Debating selling my weed stocks and going in more on Ripple. 

Edited by themcdeal

30 minutes ago, themcdeal said:

I bought 2k worth while it was at .60

Wish I had thrown in more but all my investment funds are tied up atm. Debating selling my weed stocks and going in more on Ripple. 

I'm pretty to new all of this and I've been trying to do as much research as possible. What do you think has more value long term - Ripple or Litecoin?

On 2017-12-24 at 6:30 PM, Toni Zamboni said:

if yer still stuck with bitcoin on coinbase...you can transfer it to GDAX, their sister exchange for free...then send to Quad or Binance from there for withdrawl or further trading.

coinbase is not good for canadians wanting bitcoin....unless you also have a gdax account.

ive used coinbase for small CC purchases of ETH then send from there to Binance to trade for alt coins....really quick but you pay 3.99% for CC funding.

ideally Quad is a better option if yer trying to fund with actual CAD via interac online.

cibc customers are less fortunate cause cibc doesnt have interac online....RBC seems best bet there.

Quad is probably the most trusted but has long wait times to verify atm....and they dont do e-transfer.

Is Binance best option to purchase ripple? Trade my btc/eth/ltc for xrp? 

52 minutes ago, HI5 said:

Is Binance best option to purchase ripple? Trade my btc/eth/ltc for xrp? 

yes...binance verifies easy with just an email....they have loads of alts including xrp.

i would send eth if yer not with gdax....maybe trade btc for eth then send. but if you have gdax, they dont charge hefty fees like coinbase does....coinbase is cheap to send eth straight to binance mind you.

small tip...to cut yer fees in half on binance for trading.... buy a couple binance coins....yer fee will get deducted from the binance coin and it will be half what you would pay otherwise.

i like  xrp myself...she is really starting to lift off and there is alot of catalyst's this month....and spec that coinbase may be adding it soon which will def boost it.....but do yer own research of course and make informed decisions where yer money is concerned.

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

I'm pretty to new all of this and I've been trying to do as much research as possible. What do you think has more value long term - Ripple or Litecoin?

how long is long term? 

XRP is a pointless token unto itself. but if you're thinking in terms of YEARS, please keep in mind that the company Ripple owns a massive chunk of its own tokens. 16 billion dollars worth. they just locked up 14 of those 16 billion just to prove to people that they aren't going to saturate and manipulate the market (anymore). 

in a few years they will re-release those 14 billion dollars worth of XRP and slowly but surely hoover up all the profit they can, which could be a lotta red candles for bag holders

(in shorter term, though, if XRP does get added to coinbase as many believe, it'll surely just go up more in coming months)

Edited by GLASSJAW

Read a story on XLM yesterday and something about it just clicked for me and made me decide that it was time to get involved in cryptocurrency.

Invested in it this morning and have to say I'm liking my choice so far.  

Sent a buddy an article on TRX earlier today as well and it convinced him to invest in it.  I fee like he should owe me a beer or two :lol:

20 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Read a story on XLM yesterday and something about it just clicked for me and made me decide that it was time to get involved in cryptocurrency.

Invested in it this morning and have to say I'm liking my choice so far.  

Sent a buddy an article on TRX earlier today as well and it convinced him to invest in it.  I fee like he should owe me a beer or two :lol:

nice one, those 2 have been treating me very well too.